Anybody else listening to Pilotcast?

Old May 14th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Paul Tomblin

Default Anybody else listening to Pilotcast?

Is there anybody else listening to the Pilotcast podcast? If so, do you
also have a problem with your podcast downloader re-downloading old
episodes? If so, are you using iTunes or some other podcast downloader?
It's the only podcast of the two dozen or so I subscribe to that has this
problem, so I suspect they're doing something odd with the feed.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"The way I see it, unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless
Old May 14th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Thomas Borchert

Paul,

Is there anybody else listening to the Pilotcast podcast?

I am. No problems using Newsgator. My only problem is SNR.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 14th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, said:
Paul,
Is there anybody else listening to the Pilotcast podcast?

I am. No problems using Newsgator. My only problem is SNR.

You mean from an audio engineering standpoint, the number of times they
step on each other's talk, or just the amount of BS?

--
Paul Tomblin
http://blog.xcski.com/
Old May 14th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Thomas Borchert

Paul,

or just the amount of BS?

All, but most the latter. The Pilotcast is the prime example for me (as
a professional journalist) why "citizen journalism" won't fly. IMHO,
you have to be REALLY interested in flying or have a very long commute
(like I do) to listen to that stuff. The amount of repetition, of mic
hogging and of sometimes plain wrong facts is stunning. Only one of the
guys is halfway professional in his demeanor (sp?) (you'll know who I
mean).

But then again, granted, it has entertainment value and they have their
moments. And they deserve respect for the enormous effort.

As John Dvorak put it: "Citizen journalism is like citizen professional
baseball. Just because you like the Seattle Mariners doesn't mean you
can play worth a damn."

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)