Question for the New Yorkers

Old June 27th 05, 02:56 PM
RNR

Default Question for the New Yorkers

I'm planning a flight from Perkiomen Valley (N10) which will be via
Colt's Neck VOR and up the Hudson to the Tappan Zee Bridge and then on
to Lincoln Park for lunch. The return trip will stay to the west of
Essex Co and Morristown.

My question is in reference to operations around Lincoln Park. The
charts show Lincoln Park to be right on the edge of Essex's Delta. Is
there enough clearance around Lincoln Park to conduct normal pattern
operations without busting the Delta? Is in necessary (or customary)
to talk to Essex or is it routine to operate into and out of Linclon
Park without talking to Essex? Any comments from the locals will be
greatly appreciated.

Rich Russell
Old June 27th 05, 03:40 PM
Jose

My question is in reference to operations around Lincoln Park.

That area (Lincoln Park, Essex (Caldwell), Morristown, and towards the
TZ bridge) is rife with traffic. Keep your eyeballs peeled! I've
passed through the area many times on many trips, and it has been the
place where I've seen the most traffic. In fact, on some trips, I saw
more traffic in that area than in the entire rest of the flight.

It doesn't hurt to contact Caldwell tower and let them know your plans.
They will probably give you an OK and then let you switch to the
advisory.

Sometimes passing through the area (and passing through both Caldwell
and Morristown) I'll call the furthest one first, let them know I'm
coming through and will call them again later, then I call the nearest
one. Never had a problem.

Jose
--
You may not get what you pay for, but you sure as hell pay for what you get.
Old June 27th 05, 03:43 PM

There is an understanding between Lincoln Park and Essex County
regarding departures on runway 19 that penetrate the CDW "D" space, and
arrivals on runway 01 FROM within the Lincoln Park pattern. . . no call
to CDW is required.

HOWEVER, if you are going to transit CDWs space enroute to Lincoln
Park, you do need to request the transition.

Old June 27th 05, 03:53 PM

I am based at Lincoln Park and have actually asked the CDW tower
manager that question. They know we are there but generally we don't
cause them any problem so they don't want to hear from us. I suspect
we would be more of a problem if all planes landing at Lincoln Park
contacted Caldwell.

182RG question Paul Anton Owning 11 May 16th 05 09:45 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM