Bolkow Junior (MFI 9)

Old June 27th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Bolkow Junior (MFI 9)

Anybody know if plans were ever done for the Junior and/or if they are
available?

John
Old June 27th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Yes they were ...

A company in Singapore (of all places) sold them for a while. Perhaps
Andresson (s?) sold them as well ..... I am not sure.

I have a couple of sheets from them but not a full set.

news

Old June 27th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I don't know about the plans, but a Czech company LD Aviation Prague seems
to be about to produce an ultralight (LSA) version of this aircraft.

http://www.ldap.cz/en/mfi.htm

JP

"J.Kahn" wrote in
message

Old July 4th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Larry

I believe a number of MFI-9HB are being built/ were built in Sweden. I
looked a few years ago at the EAA "status" report which indicated %
complete to date. I also have a few pages of the homebuilt version. I
love my Junior.

Larry

Old July 4th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack[_1_]

("Larry" wrote)\
I believe a number of MFI-9HB are being built/ were built in Sweden. I
looked a few years ago at the EAA "status" report which indicated %
complete to date. I also have a few pages of the homebuilt version. I love
my Junior.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraftsearch=MFI%209HB&distinct_ent ry=true
Airliners.net

http://www.ldap.cz/en/mfi.htm
MFI-9HB (link from a previous post)

http://home.clara.net/acf/scale/scale-pics-1/high-wing/blowko/blowko.html
Bolkow Junior

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Bolkow.junior.d-edna.arp.jpg
Wikipedia - Bolkow Junior

Montblack

Old July 6th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Interesting looking critter, that. Kind of reminds me of the "Cygnet"
(or some such name) a shoulder-winged homebuilt I saw in Carlisle eight
or nine years ago. Powered by a Great Plains VW.

Anybody know if theree is any relationship, one to the other?

Flash

("Larry" wrote)\

Old July 6th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Larry

Maybe the Cygnet was inspired by the Bolkow Junior. The Junior came out
as an all metal certified aircraft in the US in 1963. 0200A/ 850lbs/
125 mph aerobatic normal/utility aircraft. Rare.

Larry
wrote:
Interesting looking critter, that. Kind of reminds me of the "Cygnet"
(or some such name) a shoulder-winged homebuilt I saw in Carlisle eight
or nine years ago. Powered by a Great Plains VW.

Anybody know if theree is any relationship, one to the other?

Flash

("Larry" wrote)\