KC Bound

Old August 5th 03, 08:28 PM
Ross Richardson

Default KC Bound

I am headed to KC next week and will be landing at OJC. Haven't been
there in 27+ years. I got my commerical there at the community college.
What is the FBO to use?

Ross
Old August 6th 03, 12:36 AM
Tom S.

"Ross Richardson" wrote in message
I am headed to KC next week and will be landing at OJC. Haven't been
there in 27+ years. I got my commerical there at the community college.
What is the FBO to use?

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KOJC

Take yer picks.

Old August 6th 03, 01:35 AM
Joe Young

Ross

You will find excellent service at either KCAC or Air Associates. KCAC
offers both Self and Full service fuel. I just completed my instrument
rating with an instructor at KCAC's flight school. My home base is several
miles west, so I have been frequenting their ramp several times a week for
the past few months. The service is always excellent.

Joe

Old August 6th 03, 01:58 AM
Ross and Paula Richardson

Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I learned to fly at Hillside (a
little more east) airport in 1970. Got my commerical at OJC, then left
the area. I used to do a lot of flying over the Plaza during Christmas.
Is that still allowed?

Ross

Old August 6th 03, 11:57 AM
Joe Young

Ross

I used to do a lot of flying over the Plaza during Christmas.
Is that still allowed?

The plaza "tour" is still allowed, although I would contact approach on
118.9 and let them know your intentions, and don't get below 1000 feet agl..
The only real "gotcha" in the KC class B is the sports stadium TFR. Flight
Service nor the local controllers seem to know when the Royals (or soon the
Chiefs) are in town or the times of the games.... During my recent
instrument work I used the ILS's into the downtown airport quite often. The
controllers normal missed instructions were to " turn right/left heading
090, climb and maintain 3000". Those instructions meant a heading towards
the stadiums at 2000' agl............

Welcome back to KC. We have only been here 4 years, and are still learning
about all of the wonderful places to visit/eat/tour/enjoy. If time permits,
make sure our tour the Boulevard Beer plant, and the refurbished Union
Station. Oh...and you cannot leave town without several samples of KC's
famous steaks, and barbeque. A baseball game may be in order. The Royals
being in first place has the city very excited.... Our new minor league
team the "T-Bones" are also a hoot to watch.

Back to the FBO...I would just give KCAC a call (800-720-5222) the day
before your expected arrival, and they will gladly handle any and all
arrangements (rental car, hotel, etc) you might want.

Welcome Back!

Joe

Old August 9th 03, 03:32 PM
Grant Ritchey

Ross, I recommend KCAC on the west side of the field. Nice facility, easy
access to transportation etc.

I think you can still do the Plaza tour, but I'm not sure.

I'm working on my Instrument there now.

Hope this helps.

Grant