Hangar rent

Old November 7th 03, 12:42 AM
Greg Piney

$300 is just about the going rate in NJ.

Greg Piney

Kobra wrote:
I'm in NJ at N14. There's a waiting list here too. The owner has a zoning
approval for 30 more hangars, but he refuses to build them. He is afraid
that it will devalue the existing hangars.

I don't get it. I'd rather have 30 more hangars taking in 350/mo. with
planes in them buying fuel, food, oil and supplies than the status quo
paying 50.00 more per month.

Kobra

Old November 7th 03, 02:20 AM
john price

As someone else said $300 is about the going price in NJ... I'm
up at 47N... One of my hangars is an end unit in an open hangar...
Previous tenent put in some recycled paving material so it is a little
better than a dirt floor.. Leaks like crazy... Worse since the hurricane...
Manual doors... Mine have been worked on and work fairly well... $300...
Other hangar is a good T with block walls and full floor... Only minor leaks
and great manual doors... $300...

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

"Kobra" wrote in message
I don't know if this has been covered before, but how much is everyone
paying for their hangars and what is provided?

Mine is a T-hanger with a dirt floor, free electric and manual doors that
are a bear to open and close. The hangar is damp of course, but not too
bad.

When we first secured it the rent was 240.00 and no lease. A few months
later it went up to 280.00 and no lease. Just last month we got our fuel
bill and the hangar rent went up again to 300.00 and the owner refuses to
give us a lease.

That's a 60.00/mo. increase in less than a year. The rumor has it that

the
owner is going to keep raising the rent until people start moving out and
there are a few empty hangars. At that point he feels they will be priced
properly.

My question is: at what price would you walk out of a dirt floor T-hangar
with free electric and stiff manual doors? There are no other local
airports with similar hangars that are empty. A tie-down goes for

65.00/mo.

Kobra

Old November 7th 03, 04:11 AM
Jay Honeck

I don't know if this has been covered before, but how much is everyone
paying for their hangars and what is provided?

You'll hate it when I tell you that the City just jacked our hangar rent
10%...to $121.00 per month.

That's a partial concrete (directly under the plane) floor, with pea gravel
everywhere else (which we've covered with astroturf), and a manual door.
We've got a window, the only one in the row, cuz we're on the end cap --
which gives us 33% more space than a "regular" T-hangar.

Electricity is "all you can use" (no one has ever blown a fuse yet), and
we've installed a little kitchenette (with fridge, freezer, microwave, and,
of course, blender), porta-potty, and dining area. Two couches, shelves and
a workbench round it out.

The only downside? The taxiway is breaking up, and there's no money in the
city budget to fix it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 7th 03, 04:26 AM
jim rosinski

"Kobra" wrote:

I don't know if this has been covered before, but how much is everyone
paying for their hangars and what is provided?

T-hangar, crumbling concrete floor, electric bi-fold door. I pay the
guy with the lease $135/mo to keep my plane there. He keeps his
various odds and ends where the plane isn't. The entire rent is
around $270. 2v2, Longmont, CO. 10 miles NE of Boulder.

My question is: at what price would you walk out of a dirt floor T-hangar
with free electric and stiff manual doors? There are no other local
airports with similar hangars that are empty. A tie-down goes for 65.00/mo.

Depends on what the alternative is. If the only practical one
available is outside tiedown, they'd really have me by the short hairs
and could command a pretty high premium. Not sure what the dollar
figure would be that would cause me to bail. Guess I don't want to
contemplate it.

Jim Rosinski
N3825Q
Old November 7th 03, 04:13 PM
Gene Seibel

ALN - St Louis Regional Airport at Alton, Illinois - $140 per month +
electricity. New, electric door, concrete floor.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Old November 7th 03, 04:16 PM
Paul

S44 Spanaway Washington

$155.00 for a tee hanger with concrete floor under the plane, power, and
locking gates.
Outside tie down $35.00 per month

Cheers:

Paul
NC2273H

Old November 7th 03, 06:12 PM
Kathy

At Caldwell Idaho near Boise, $170 a month for a clean T hangar with
concrete floor, electricity, electric folding door, no heat. Tie down
charges seem to be waived once you're one of the regulars.

Kathy

Old November 7th 03, 07:57 PM
Tony

Im on a waiting list for hanger space in the sunny SOCAL high desert
KAPV. They are T hangers 200/mo free lights, water i think. They are
building 100 more. tiedowns 40/mo. has night sucerity. gas is around
2.45 gal. At L26 hesperia airport gas is 1.90 with discount or 2.14
w/out.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old November 7th 03, 08:57 PM
OSKI 3

Paying $175 for Hangar with rolling doors,
Cement floors,I supply Electricity. LOcated in Zephyrhills,
FL. so no heat needed.

Bill OParowski
Old November 7th 03, 10:36 PM
Gig Giacona

"Tony" wrote in message
Im on a waiting list for hanger space in the sunny SOCAL high desert
KAPV. They are T hangers 200/mo free lights, water i think. They are
building 100 more. tiedowns 40/mo. has night sucerity. gas is around
2.45 gal. At L26 hesperia airport gas is 1.90 with discount or 2.14
w/out.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

At least you guys get to rent a hanger or have the chance to rent one in the
future. Here in El Dorado AR ELD you have the option of paying $100+/month
for a spot in a big hanger or paying $365/yr and building your own. Which
in the long run is a better deal BUT is tough when you are trying to build
and pay for the airplane in the first place.