Non-Alcoholic Beers

Old August 4th 03, 02:18 AM
Jim Fisher

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message

Now that you know the truth about JOB, would you?

Stupid chelling specker changed "OJ" to "JOB" without my permission. Sorry.

Old August 4th 03, 02:19 AM
Jim Fisher

"ArtP" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 16:24:57 -0500, "Jim Fisher"
wrote:

You cannot drink O'Douls less than 8 hours before flying because of
its (although low) alcohol content.

Orange juice contains more alcohol than non-alcoholic beers. I'm not
grounding myself after a hearty breakfast of eggs, toast, grits and

orange
juice.

I am not going to drink any kind of beer if I am going flying within
8 hours.

But what about OJ?

--
Jim Fisher

Old August 4th 03, 04:04 AM
Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo

Jim Fisher wrote:
"Jim Fisher" wrote in message

Now that you know the truth about JOB, would you?

Stupid chelling specker changed "OJ" to "JOB" without my permission. Sorry.

Heyyyyy! Jim-bo! So I'm at Amazon and making the rounds of the latest
flight books and I spy a name that rings a bell, one Bob Gardner, and
his "Say Again, Please" tome. Looked good and naturally I took a peek at
what readers had to say, and, voila, an old amigo from the southern
regions! ;-) Good stuff, Jim...and yes, I got the book!

Anyway, just passing through and saw your moniker so I figured I would
do a quick 'Hey.' Actually Jim, I thought you might be over Chicago way
with a banner tied to your Cherokee to the tune of "DALY! WHAT THE HELL
ARE YOU DOING?" in re the trench bit at Meigs which "His Lordship"
figures will do the trick and keep Meigs shut down permanently [*Story
in the 'Private Pilot' editorial, July issue as memory serves]. Whew!
And I thought we had 'King of the Universe' political syndromes in NY!

Stay well Jim...

Doc Tony

Old August 5th 03, 05:32 PM
Jim Weir

Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
The song of the Temperance Union.

We never eat fruitcake because it has rum
And one little bite turns a man to a bum
Can you imagine the horrible sight
Of a man eating fruitcake until he is tight.

Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
The song of the Temperance Union.

We never eat cookies because they have yeast
And one little bite turns a man to a beast
Can you imagine the total disgrace
Of a man in the gutter with crumbs on his face.

Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
The song of the Temperance Union.

(I can't remember the rest of the lyrics.)

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old August 6th 03, 08:20 PM
Snowbird

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..

We're coming, we're coming, our brave little band
On the right side of Temperance we take our firm stand
We don't use tobacco, because we do think
That the people who use it are likely to drink

Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
The song of the Temperance Union.

We never eat fruitcake because it has rum
And one little bite turns a man to a bum
Can you imagine the horrible sight
Of a man eating fruitcake until he is tight.

Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
The song of the Temperance Union.

We never eat cookies because they have yeast
And one little bite turns a man to a beast
Can you imagine the total disgrace
Of a man in the gutter with crumbs on his face.

Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
Away, away with rum by gum, rum by gum, rum by gum
The song of the Temperance Union.

We never eat peaches because they ferment
Just one little bite and a man gets quite bent
Can you imagine anything more crude
Than a man eating peaches until he gets stewed?

(I can't remember the rest of the lyrics.)

Two more verses...

Sydney
Old August 8th 03, 02:49 AM
Roger Halstead

wrote:

You cannot drink O'Douls less than 8 hours before flying because of
its (although low) alcohol content.

Orange juice contains more alcohol than non-alcoholic beers. I'm not
grounding myself after a hearty breakfast of eggs, toast, grits and

orange
juice.

I am not going to drink any kind of beer if I am going flying within
8 hours.

But what about OJ?

I wouldn't have to worry. At that point I'd be too sick to fly any
way. I'm alergic to Orange Juice.

Roger

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)