Repair of wet wing leak

Old November 9th 09, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Woellhaf

Default Repair of wet wing leak

Do any of you have experience repairing a slight, but annoying, leak in a
wet wing tank? Mine's on a 1980 182Q.

Old November 9th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen[_2_]

On 11/8/2009 5:23 PM, Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Do any of you have experience repairing a slight, but annoying, leak in a
wet wing tank? Mine's on a 1980 182Q.

FYI: There were a couple recent threads on this topic on the
Cessna Pilots Society 182 forum. You may want to check the

http://www.cessna-pilots.net

Best Regards,
Old November 9th 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Brian Whatcott

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Do any of you have experience repairing a slight, but annoying, leak in a
wet wing tank? Mine's on a 1980 182Q.

No but the method is sloshing with tank sloshing liquid....

Brian W
Old November 9th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Nov 8, 6:23*pm, "Jon Woellhaf" wrote:
Do any of you have experience repairing a slight, but annoying, leak in a
wet wing tank? Mine's on a 1980 182Q.

Are you sure it's a wet wing (integral) tank and not the bladders
usually found in that vintage?

Dan

Old November 10th 09, 09:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Braddock

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Yes. I think they went to wet wing in 1978 or 79.

S/N 66591 & up ('79 Model Year) Integral tanks.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old November 11th 09, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Woellhaf

Mark,

I am apparently a persona non grata at cessna-pilots.net.

I thought I signed up successfully on 8 Nov, but I've still not received
email from them.

Old November 11th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Brian Whatcott

I thought I'd follow that thread too.
But I guess I'm in the same boat!

BrianW

Old November 12th 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Mark,

I am apparently a persona non grata at cessna-pilots.net.

I thought I signed up successfully on 8 Nov, but I've still not received
email from them.

Jon

"Mark Hansen" wrote in message
.. .
On 11/8/2009 5:23 PM, Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Do any of you have experience repairing a slight, but annoying, leak in a
wet wing tank? Mine's on a 1980 182Q.

FYI: There were a couple recent threads on this topic on the
Cessna Pilots Society 182 forum. You may want to check the

http://www.cessna-pilots.net

Best Regards,

While I owned my Cessna 172 I was a member of the Cessna Pilots
Association. They can provide a wealth of technical information, you can
join forums, ask questions to tech councilors. Good organization.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Seeking Wing Repair in USA [email protected] Soaring 5 January 28th 09 12:24 AM
Still C85 Nose Leak Dick[_1_] Owning 2 June 25th 07 11:39 AM
C85 Oil Leak Dick[_1_] Owning 2 May 2nd 07 11:00 PM
Oil leak Gene Seibel Owning 10 January 4th 05 03:57 PM
Oil leak mike regish Piloting 9 June 22nd 04 03:46 AM