SSA Return to Kitty Hawk Link

Old July 9th 03, 04:51 PM
Tom Serkowski

Default SSA Return to Kitty Hawk Link

We had a schedule to adhere to, just like any other soaring contest.
My observation was that if we had the opportunity to to sit around for
4-5 days at each site waiting for good weather, it may have been
possible to soar most of the way.

I second DJ's comments about it all being worth it, though. Lots of
fun, did plenty (but never enough) of soaring, and met some great
folks along the way.

Thanks to the Payne's, Murray's and others who helped make this all
work.

Tom Serkowski
ASH-26E

"Al" wrote in message ...
And driving.

Its a cross country sailplane trailer race with the odd spot of flying
thrown in for good measure.

Old July 9th 03, 05:17 PM
John Morgan

And I'm sure many of use were glad you did it, vicariously followed you
along, wished we were there too, were glad we weren't 'cause of the crappy
weather, and were sorry we didn't see more (read any) coverage on TV.

--
bumper
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

om...

"Al" wrote in message

And driving.

Its a cross country sailplane trailer race with the odd spot of flying
thrown in for good measure.

---

Old July 9th 03, 07:10 PM
Mark James Boyd

I was most impressed by the variety of soaring conditions
I read about during your flights. Never getting
above 3000 feet for some of your flights was an eye-opener for me.
That would be interesting!

And watching William Gawthrop from Avenal go across
the country was amazing (shameless plug). All of you may have
done more for soaring with this race than all the
paid advertising FBO's have done this year.

The whole idea is inspired. Kudos to you all.