dittle fsg 71M squelch issue

Old September 30th 17, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default dittle fsg 71M squelch issue

thanks guys, I ordered a new replacment internal battery, just because if I open it up to fix that I might as well put a new one in Ill fly it a few times to see if it remains a issue.
Old September 30th 17, 08:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 11:31:12 AM UTC+10, wrote:
thanks guys, I ordered a new replacment internal battery, just because if I open it up to fix that I might as well put a new one in Ill fly it a few times to see if it remains a issue.

Service Info No. 20/97 Adjusting Squelch Sensitivity of Dittel Radios in DG motorgliders (if necessary)
https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/wp-con.../1997-20-e.pdf
Old October 1st 17, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:51:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi all, am having an issue with my new to me dittle radio. worked fine
for two flights now on startup it breaks squelch for a while even with the
switch set correctly. it lasted about 15 minutes then went normal. The
next flight it only did that for 5 minutes. after reading the manual it says
nothing about being able to adjust auto sq setting. Is there a way to
increase the auto squelch? or could the internal battery be getting low?
I did the usual turning of stuff to rule out interference from other equipment.

---
http://www.avg.com

I have had to retire 2 FSG71M radios with what sounds like a similar
problem. Following reception of a transmission, the radio would behave
as if the squelch had been turned off, with the typical hiss coming
out of the speaker.

Key to recognizing the problem I had is that if I tapped the transmit
button, the squelch would come back on, and the hiss would disappear.
This would work for a while, until the problem would repeat a few
minutes later.

My final guess was that this was a transmit/receive relay failure as
detailed in 3U's very informative website.
https://sites.google.com/site/threeu.../dittel-fsg71m

Never finding a suitable relay replacement, I finally gave up on the
71M and installed a new gen Dittel KRT-2 radio (8.33kHz, 2278
channel). 4 mike inputs available for both dynamic and standard
(electret) mikes, dual watch, and 100 channel memory.

Well suited to Dittel replacement in that an adaptor is available to
make the install plug-compatible with FSG71M.

Over a year so far and very satisfied.

Bob
Old October 2nd 17, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Issue has not reappeared. currently when I turn it on it breaks squelch then goes silent. previsouly it didnt go silent for 10-15 min. I used the same procedure of turning on sn10, 302, powerflarm and then radio. So time will tell thanks for all the advice Ill keep you all informed if it returns.

CH ASW 27
Old August 2nd 19, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Did anyone keep a copy of this service bulletin - DG has changed their website and the link below is no longer valid.

email to me please if you have it

dave"at"foxonecorp"dot"com

Thank you!

Walter Dittel had a service bulletin, N0. 20/97 regardting the auto squelch. There is a copy of the bulletin on DG Flugzeugbau that shows the location of the said potentiometer.

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/Data/TN.../1997-20-e.pdf

MN

FS Dittle radio base station Bob Epp Soaring 0 October 9th 08 11:06 PM
F/S Dittle FSG 60M JJ Sinclair Soaring 0 January 6th 07 02:33 PM
Memory battery for Dittle FSG71M Ray Gimmey Soaring 14 December 29th 06 12:13 PM
dittle fgs-50 display Kevin Brooker Soaring 0 May 5th 05 06:53 PM
Dittle FSG50-wiring [email protected] Soaring 2 December 27th 04 08:33 PM