Bush/Hitler creates another phony "terrorist" incident to suppress us...

Old December 28th 03, 05:04 AM
John Ousterhout

Default Bush/Hitler creates another phony "terrorist" incident to suppress us...

On 27 Dec 2003 17:09:52 -0800, wrote:

Well, it looks like President Bush (Or Hitler, as he's known among certain
circles) has staged another Hollywood style "Terrorist Plot" that he can use to
destroy our civil rights.

Godwin's law is invoked.
http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms...win_s_Law.html

- John Ousterhout-

Old December 28th 03, 06:40 AM
C J Campbell

"John Ousterhout"
wrote in message news | On 27 Dec 2003 17:09:52 -0800, wrote:

| Well, it looks like President Bush (Or Hitler, as he's known among
certain
| circles) has staged another Hollywood style "Terrorist Plot" that he can
use to
| destroy our civil rights.
|
| Godwin's law is invoked.
| http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms...win_s_Law.html

Can you invoke Godwin's law for ridiculing conspiracy theorists?

Old December 28th 03, 11:40 AM
Larry Smith

"John Ousterhout"
wrote in message news
On 27 Dec 2003 17:09:52 -0800, wrote:

Well, it looks like President Bush (Or Hitler, as he's known among

certain
circles) has staged another Hollywood style "Terrorist Plot" that he can

use to
destroy our civil rights.

Godwin's law is invoked.
http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms...win_s_Law.html

- John Ousterhout-

Aw, come on. Let him have his cause. He's still scorched by the fires
and angry. Besides, other than painting a goofy little mustache on Bush,
he's got a point.

Old December 28th 03, 11:44 AM
Larry Smith

wrote in message ...
I think that, despite some missteps, President Bush has done an
excellent job in combating terrorism since Sept 11, 2001.

Like the exec branch taking over the legislative and judicial. Like
seizing private citizens and imprisoning them without trial, without formal
charges?

Old December 28th 03, 03:32 PM
Jay Honeck

sarcsasm off

Too subtle, obviously.

Must be cuz it's misspelled? ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 28th 03, 04:00 PM
RobertR237

In article , writes:

Did I somehow get the syntax incorrect with the sarcasm off flag? Was
there
supposed to be an underline instead of a space or something?

For everyone who didn't get it:

The story is true. However, my introduction of it was "tongue in cheek," a
satirical response to those who believe that there is no threat from
terrorists,
and that the Bush administration is using the specter of that threat to
deprive
US citizens of the rights and privileges enumerated in the Constitution.

I believe that there is a real terrorist threat. I believe that the
comparatively few restrictions on our civil liberties are justified by those
threats. I think that, despite some missteps, President Bush has done an
excellent job in combating terrorism since Sept 11, 2001.

Bush is really caught in the "NO WIN" situation no matter what happens. If a
plot is foiled and nothing happens (the French Airline grounding) then he is
called for over-reacting and crying wolf. On the other hand, if he does
nothing and the plane had been used as a weapon yet again, he would be slammed
for not having done something to prevent the attack. Who would have believed
and supported the President if he had recommended invasion of Afganistan prior
to 9/11 because he believed the Al Quida was planning an attack? And how many
now are critical because he saw the same threat from Iraq and opted to prevent
it?

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old December 28th 03, 05:33 PM
AlwaysLearning

You know, kind of like Abraham Lincoln or that other villain, Franklin
Roosevelt. I agree with you, Bush just made up that whole World Trade
Center attack/3000 civilians killed, thing.

(note the mild sarcasm)

Next subject, is Larry Smith a worse A&P or political scientist?
Old December 28th 03, 08:02 PM
clare @ snyder.on .ca

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 06:44:56 -0500, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
I think that, despite some missteps, President Bush has done an
excellent job in combating terrorism since Sept 11, 2001.

Like the exec branch taking over the legislative and judicial. Like
seizing private citizens and imprisoning them without trial, without formal
charges?

And deporting CANADIAN citizens to Iraq or wherever, instead of back
to Canada???
Old December 29th 03, 04:49 PM
Stan's News

All,

Bush is a bum, a skull and bones moron...., Cheney's stooge, and by the way
Cheney is a bum too. Democrats, Republicans are all bums. Politics is the
biggest bunch of bull**** and the boys are running the show.

Stan K.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
sarcsasm off

Too subtle, obviously.

Must be cuz it's misspelled? ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 29th 03, 05:20 PM
Top Sirloin

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 06:44:56 -0500, "Larry Smith" wrote:

Like
seizing private citizens and imprisoning them without trial, without formal
charges?

If this is true you should have no problem finding us lots of references for
this statement Larry.

--
Scott Johnson
"Here's an idea of how you can change global events: quit smoking