Tube & Fabric A&P in MD/DE area?

Old May 24th 04, 04:36 PM
Larry Schuler

Default Tube & Fabric A&P in MD/DE area?

Hi,
I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.

Shops in PA/VA will also be considered.

Any pointers?????

TIA,

--Larry

Old May 24th 04, 05:17 PM
jls

"Larry Schuler" wrote in message
news
Hi,
I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.

Shops in PA/VA will also be considered.

Any pointers?????

TIA,

--Larry

For what you are about to do, I am truly envious. Get the Polyfiber
manual, read it, and do it yourself. You would be surprised how easy it is
to do, and how fun. Labor intensive, though, and you have to be a
perfectionist and a slave to the manual.

Imho, most A&P's don't know how to do fabric work. One of the A&P's who
used to be a hangout RAH doesn't know beans about it though he claims to.

Don't trust any "authority" on fabric until you see the work he's done.

Old May 24th 04, 07:10 PM
Rob Cherney

On Mon, 24 May 2004 11:36:10 -0400, Larry Schuler
wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.

Dick Kreis (410-465-4599) has a business that specializes in fabric
covering/painting. It's at Haysfield (MD24) in Maryland. Don't
forget to file that ADIZ flight plan; MD24 is under the TFR.

Rob-
Robert Cherney e-mail: cherney(at)comcast(dot)net
Old May 25th 04, 01:46 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Larry Schuler wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.

There used to be a good man at Ridgely Airpark (1N0) near Easton, MD. Dunno if he's
still there.

George Patterson
I childproofed my house, but they *still* get in.
Old May 25th 04, 02:18 AM
nauga

George Patterson wrote:

There used to be a good man at Ridgely Airpark (1N0) near Easton, MD.

Dunno if he's
still there.

Maybe the Marines finally found him. g

Dave 'unfettered by progress' Hyde

Old May 25th 04, 02:21 AM
john price

Tony Markl is right in that neighborhood... Check his web page
http://www.intercom.net/~markl/

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

Fabric repair D.A.L Home Built 0 April 27th 04 07:17 PM
Rag and tube construction and computer models? BllFs6 Home Built 24 April 12th 04 12:20 PM
Why 4130 tube? Leon McAtee Home Built 31 March 28th 04 03:04 PM
Fabric Work Doug Home Built 9 January 26th 04 03:31 AM
fabric and tube by the ocean. Ed Bryant Home Built 5 December 6th 03 07:00 PM