Two ILS approaches in IMC with ATC communications - Video

Old March 28th 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Two ILS approaches in IMC with ATC communications - Video

Yesterday was a great day for knocking out approaches. Had stopped in
flight school to socialize before flying and CFI was bored to tears
since he had to cancel VFR students, so he came along for the ride.

Launched into 1000 foot ceilings and ceilings at Hawkins Jackson KHKS
was 1200 foot. KJAN approach and KHKS ATC comms included in video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9juyjGUhrxE

The above video is an outside view of my first ILS approach. You will
hear me talk my way down as well as ATC communications

Second video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOOU_r59D6M

is the 2nd approach into HKS of only the instrument panel starting
from the outer marker. This video is best viewed in full screen.
Note, first part of the video, audio doesn't match the heading on DG
as the camera wasn't rolling on my clearance..

Instructor videod this approach and you will hear me "talk my way
down"

As always, comments most welcomed here or on video!!!
Old March 29th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

VOR Alpha into KMBO with ATC COMS - Video

Last leg of my Friday flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UxiSFFSDXY

KJAN approach and clearance delivery for cancellation of my IFR at my
uncontrolled airport in the video. It was my last approach so I was
"lazy" and requested vectors rather then execute the full procedure.

I talked my way through the approach in this video. Waiting for that
"from flag" on Nav1 feels like forever sometimes :-)))

Video doesn't do the shear beauty of being between the layer of clouds
the justice that is due!