Sport Pilot Article

Old March 27th 05, 05:37 PM
Carl Ellis

Default Sport Pilot Article

I am looking for an article regarding aircraft qualifying for Sport Pilot.
The thrust of the article was beware when purchasing an aircraft for Sport
Pilot. Be sure to carefully examine the logs for anything that would take
the aircraft out of category - even if the modification has been removed.
Once out, the aircraft no longer qualifies.

I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.

Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?

Thanks,

- Carl -
Old March 27th 05, 08:24 PM
Rod Madsen

I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.

Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?

I think it was the April issue of Flying. I just trashed my copy yesterday
or I would check to be sure.

Rod

Old March 27th 05, 08:42 PM

"Rod Madsen" wrote:

I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.

Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?

I think it was the April issue of Flying. I just trashed my copy yesterday
or I would check to be sure.

The April issue of Flying has one page answering two questions about
Sport Pilot -- one about a flight review from Private Pilot to Sport
Pilot and another about an amphibian that would qualify under
light-sport weight and performance standards. It refers readers to go to
EAA's sport pilot website for more info.
Old March 27th 05, 09:01 PM
Carl Ellis

Found it!

Page 92 of the March 2005 Private Pilot magazine.

- Carl -
Old March 27th 05, 11:33 PM
Jimbob

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:37:32 -0800, Carl Ellis
wrote:

I am looking for an article regarding aircraft qualifying for Sport Pilot.
The thrust of the article was beware when purchasing an aircraft for Sport
Pilot. Be sure to carefully examine the logs for anything that would take
the aircraft out of category - even if the modification has been removed.
Once out, the aircraft no longer qualifies.

I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.

Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?

Thanks,

- Carl -

I haven't seen the article but I am real curious. Would this be
referring to an s-lsa or standard/experimental operating under
sportpilot rules?

Jim

http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org
Old March 28th 05, 01:22 AM
Montblack

Xmnushal8y
snip
It refers readers to go to EAA's sport pilot website for more info.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but that website doesn't quite do it for
me. A little dissapointing.

Montblack

Old March 28th 05, 01:53 AM
Carl Ellis

wrote:

I am looking for an article regarding aircraft qualifying for Sport Pilot.
The thrust of the article was beware when purchasing an aircraft for Sport
Pilot. Be sure to carefully examine the logs for anything that would take
the aircraft out of category - even if the modification has been removed.
Once out, the aircraft no longer qualifies.

I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.

Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?

Thanks,

- Carl -

I haven't seen the article but I am real curious. Would this be
referring to an s-lsa or standard/experimental operating under
sportpilot rules?

Jim

http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org

The article referred to latter. I don't know about the former.

- Carl -
Old March 28th 05, 12:21 PM
Cub Driver

wrote:

I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication

Sounds more like EAA.

The EAA website has a page on planes qualifying under LSA rules. Of
course, there are new ones every day, including this Cub lookalike
from America Legend Aircraft:
http://p196.ezboard.com/fwarbirdsfor...icID=100.topic

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net
Old April 3rd 05, 03:48 PM
gilan

You could always just go to the Sport Pilot websites for information.

http://www.sportpilot.org/index.html

http://www.aerosports.org/

or try asking on this Light-Sport Aircraft dedicated news group.

Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

--
Florida Flying Gators Fly-in
http://www.mitchellwing.com/flying_g...annual_fly.htm

"Carl Ellis" wrote ...

I am looking for an article regarding aircraft qualifying for Sport Pilot.
The thrust of the article was beware when purchasing an aircraft for Sport
Pilot. Be sure to carefully examine the logs for anything that would take
the aircraft out of category - even if the modification has been removed.
Once out, the aircraft no longer qualifies.

I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.

Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?

Thanks,

- Carl -

Please e-mail EAA and ask them to include gliders in Sport Pilot Mark James Boyd Soaring 6 December 1st 04 05:52 PM
sport pilot humor Occom Home Built 0 April 9th 04 04:22 PM
Enlisted pilots John Randolph Naval Aviation 41 July 21st 03 02:11 PM