Peace in rap!?

Old July 1st 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Peace in rap!?

Is it true that Bert@# got banned?
I haven't noticed he or Max for a while.
It's like a whole, new, wonderful world here!
May it last...please!

Ricky
Old July 1st 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Ricky wrote:
Is it true that Bert@# got banned?
I haven't noticed he or Max for a while.
It's like a whole, new, wonderful world here!
May it last...please!

Ricky

If it did, it also applied to a few other sites Max used to infest.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Old July 1st 09, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_7_]

"Ricky" wrote in message
Is it true that Bert@# got banned?
I haven't noticed he or Max for a while.
It's like a whole, new, wonderful world here!
May it last...please!

Indeed. Plus, the other one whose name should not be mentioned (not the
fish from long ago) has not been around. Anyone know who he is pestering
now?

Now, a few of the good old previous members have started to stop in from
time to time. It has been good and I too hope it will continue.

Go out and spread the word to the old time members, everyone. Send an e-mail
to a few of them, telling them what is happening here. Perhaps there will
be a return to this being a real place of value, again.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 1st 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Ricky" wrote in message
Is it true that Bert@# got banned?

I did not know that was possible. Is it? What did you hear?
--
Jim in NC

Old July 1st 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_11_]

"Ricky" wrote in message
Is it true that Bert@# got banned?
I haven't noticed he or Max for a while.
It's like a whole, new, wonderful world here!
May it last...please!

I'm still here, and read daily. Just like I always did.

When the bull**** stopped, so did I, just as I always intended.

The biggest difference I have seen is people treating each others opinions
with respect, and the people that were here only to develop a reputation for
themselves or promote their image have gone. Good riddance.

Keeping a peaceful group is everyone's responsibility, and no one is immune.

Old July 1st 09, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Ricky wrote:
Is it true that Bert@# got banned?

No. Your assertion appears to come out of thin air - or perhaps your
wishful thinking?

I haven't noticed he or Max for a while.

Believe it or not, they probably "left" for the same reason many others
left. That reason being: if there is almost no audience, there is no reason
to expend the effort to post.

It's like a whole, new, wonderful world here!
May it last...please!

I think you are making big mistakes in your assumptions. Even if one
assumes that previous highly ego-centric posters don't return, if posters
do return there are bound to be more of the same class of posters. In fact
the distribution of all psycological classes should be expected to return
to previous levels, actually. That's the nature of human psychological
diversity. The outliers can't be banned from unmoderated Usenet groups.
Old July 1st 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:28:07 -0700 (PDT), Ricky wrote:

Is it true that Bert@# got banned?

I don't know how you ban someone from Usenet... but it is his history to
"just move on" when his work is done. His work appears to be done.

As far as Mx... nothing short of being disconnected from the Internet or
death would stop him from posting. I don't know which it is...

But, yes... it's like someone cleared all the toxic smoke out of the room
and you can breathe in here again.

--
Dallas
Old July 1st 09, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Shhhh... He'll hear you!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old July 1st 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Jun 30, 10:05*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Ricky" wrote in message

Is it true that Bert@# got banned?

I did not know that was possible. *Is it? *What did you hear?
--
Jim in NC

Actually, I meant from Google Groups. I know one can't be banned from
Usenet AFAIK. I use Agent (awesome newsreader) at home but when I'm
somewhere else I access Usenet via Google (sorry newsreader) and I
noticed that Bertie's & Max's account said something to the effect of
"...discontinued due to violating Google Groups terms of service..."

Ricky
Old July 1st 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_11_]

"Ricky" wrote in message

Is it true that Bert@# got banned?

I did not know that was possible. Is it? What did you hear?
--
Jim in NC

-Actually, I meant from Google Groups. I know one can't be banned from
-Usenet AFAIK. I use Agent (awesome newsreader) at home but when I'm
-somewhere else I access Usenet via Google (sorry newsreader) and I
-noticed that Bertie's & Max's account said something to the effect of
-"...discontinued due to violating Google Groups terms of service..."

That's odd. I never had a Google Groups account.