I would not have thought this was possible

Old July 13th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

Default I would not have thought this was possible

In article ,
Franklin wrote:

Ron Garret wrote:

In article ,
Franklin "Franklin wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:16:33 -0700, Ron Garret wrote:

In article ,
Franklin wrote:

Ron Garret wrote:

In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZiP4...eature=related

And indeed, it's fake. Bummer.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/onewing.asp

rg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gpPbpONK4

Some people WANT to believe this even though they need only look
at a jet engine for 2 seconds to know it's fake..

Actually, I was under the impression that the
sucked-into-jet-engine video was real. It's certainly plausible.

Then you were a fool.

Could be. But I'd be in good company. The consensus around the net
seems to be that that clip is in fact real.

Even the one-wing landing video requires fairly close inspection to
show that it's a fake. It's quite well done IMHO.

rg

Amateur hour. You need to see my aerobatic films.

That presents a logistical challenge since you posted
semi-anonymously, and Jimmy Franklin is dead so you're probably not
him. So who the **** are you, and where are we supposed to go to see
your aerobatic films?

rg

He's a prolific sock who posts here and in various groups such as
alt.comp.freeware where I usually hang out. Dud and I had to teach him a
few real basics about flying and that really upset him. He's trying to
sound like me, Franklin.

He claim he used to be Navy Seal but the only special operation he goes on
is when his Mom tells him his dinner is ready.

Yes, I realized this after I posted my reply. Sorry for feeding the
troll.

rg
Old July 13th 09, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

In article ,
Franklin wrote:

Mike Ash wrote:

In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:

Even the one-wing landing video requires fairly close inspection to
show that it's a fake. It's quite well done IMHO.

It's easy to be taken in by it, I agree, but I think that once you
come to the proper realizations it's not too hard to see that it must
be fake. To me, the most damning mistake in the video is the fact that
the plane sits perfectly level after the landing. Wings are *heavy*.
Having only one would make that plane tip right over onto its wingtip.
Once I realized what I was looking at, this to me was ironclad proof
that they were filming a plane with two intact wings, with the angle
cleverly chosen to hide one, and the rest done by some special effects
trickery.

People believe almost anything once they suspend common sense. Just look
at a jet intake for 2 seconds. No calculations necessary.

Here's another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTzSxxH2s3U

And another cat fake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dzi_8Rscfs

What do you mean? Those videos are clearly real.

rg
Old July 13th 09, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Franklin[_8_]

Ricky wrote:

On Jul 11, 11:23*am, Franklin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gpPbpONK4

Some people WANT to believe this even though they need only look at a
jet engine for 2 seconds to know it's fake.

"Franklin," why don't explain and entertain us with your theory behind
this being a fake.

How does "looking at a jet engine for 2 seconds" convince one to
believe this accident
was a fake?

Franklin, the serviceman being sucked into the jet on-deck was real,
very, very real.

Ricky

Hello sock. Why doesn't your organ grinder ask the questions rather
than use his monkey?

For me, it's too amazing that a guy working next to an Intruder gets
sucked into one of its intakes with such massive force that it dragged
him off the ground but afterwards he doesn't have any crush damage from
jamming between the bullet cone and cowling and doesn't look like he
been squeezed hard up against the stator vanes.

http://www.imageno.com/k3bfdhgc73i0pic.html
http://images.marketworks.com/hi/72/72196/KL37C03.jpg

Maybe he's supposed to have squeezed through the low bypass compressor
bleed channel to come out unscathed. Heh heh! Let's have that 2 second
look at what those J52s on an Intruder really looks like ...

http://www.imageno.com/pyopisgsihhtpic.html

OK, so what passed through the engine to cause the rear flash in the
vid? If anything solid went through that turbofan there'd likely be a
blade-out which looks very different to the brief flare out in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcALjMJbAvU

The vid shows our hero posing for a photo only hours afterwards. No
shock, no crushed shoulders, no broken ribs, no split skull, no broken
nose. Seemed to me the vid showed the mannequin had a floppy thigh bone
but the guy looks fine afterwards, no bloodied clothing, no major
abrasions. ... Just an arm sling and a bandage for a head graze. Gimme
a break. He would be undergoing tests in ICU for the rest of the day
and may be the day after that as well.

A few hours afterwards he wouldn't be posing with his pals but he'd be
filling in incidence reports, the safety officer would be going berserk
and the carrier's senior officers would be doing some interviewing.

The vid's date is Feb 20 1991 but the quality looks like it's from the
1960s. Most vids from 1991 are in color. Try frame advancing the spoof
using this AVI rather than an FLV:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...s/sucked%20in%
20engine.avi

Old July 13th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gary Mishler[_2_]

"Franklin" wrote in message
Ricky wrote:

[...]

Certainly there are fake videos in the world. This one however is real. It
has been featured on network news magazines (Don't know if it was 60
Minuites, Nightline, or what). It also is used as a training film in the
military and most major airlines.
This one is real.

Old July 13th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_7_]

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:47:13 -0700 (PDT), Ricky wrote:

On Jul 12, 11:26*am, Franklin wrote:

People believe almost anything once they suspend common sense. *Just look
at a jet intake for 2 seconds. *No calculations necessary. *

Please explain.

Here's another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTzSxxH2s3U *

Again, explain how this is fake, too.

Ricky

I don't have the time to explain the obvious, Monkey Heh!
Old July 13th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Jul 13, 9:56*am, Franklin "Franklin
wrote:

Again, explain how this is fake, too.

Ricky

I don't have the time to explain the obvious, Monkey Heh!

I knew you couldn't...or wouldn't, because they are real.
The guy getting lifted into the A-6 engine is authentic, it did
happen and you are mistaken if you believe otherwise.
As a mechanic I have heard extensive coverage of this
story; it is widely used in training applications both civilian
& military.
The aerobatic plane landing after a wing departure is fake.

You may call me any name you wish...it will only reinforce
the fact that you need to grow up.

Ricky

Old July 13th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Terry Aardema

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:23:05 -0600, Franklin wrote:

Ron Garret wrote:

In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZiP4...eature=related

And indeed, it's fake. Bummer.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/onewing.asp

rg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gpPbpONK4

Some people WANT to believe this even though they need only look at a jet
engine for 2 seconds to know it's fake..

According to the Flight Safety Briefing I attended when I was still
working for the Canadian Armed Forces, this is indeed real; military jets
are not like civilian jets...

Terry
Old July 14th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
shywon

On Jul 13, 4:58*pm, "Terry Aardema" wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:23:05 -0600, Franklin wrote:
Ron Garret wrote:

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

why are all you people arguing with this moron?
Old July 14th 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_8_]

Terry Aardema wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:23:05 -0600, Franklin
wrote:

Ron Garret wrote:

In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZiP4...eature=related

And indeed, it's fake. Bummer.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/onewing.asp

rg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gpPbpONK4

Some people WANT to believe this even though they need only look at a
jet engine for 2 seconds to know it's fake..

According to the Flight Safety Briefing I attended when I was still
working for the Canadian Armed Forces, this is indeed real; military
jets are not like civilian jets...

Terry

Are you mixing up two vids?

One shows a tech's cranial being sucked off his head into the intake.

The other (far more improbable one) shows a man being sucked of the ground
into the intake accompanied followed by a large flash and cloud of smoke.
Like some sort of stage illusion. A few hours later he's shown posing for
the camera with his arm in a sling and a simple bandage around his head.

Perhaps the Flight Safety people were just trying to make you sit up and
take notice of safety.
Old July 14th 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jul 12, 10:19 pm, Mike Ash wrote:

Huh, I never would have guessed. Even a relatively (compared to a 172)
light single-place glider has wings much heavier than that. Maybe
that'll teach me to generalize where it's not appropriate.

However, doesn't that assume that it's empty of fuel? I assume having
fuel in the tanks would change the picture substantially.

Even full fuel wouldn't change it much. 25 gallons of fuel weighs
150 lbs, right over the mainwheel. The 300-lb engine is well inside
that wheel, as well as the rest of the fuselage. You'd have to hang
yourself off the wingtip to get any tip.

Dan