best source to replace missing cowl fastener

Old August 25th 03, 04:45 AM
Craig

Default best source to replace missing cowl fastener

dvtpilot wrote in message . ..
I have a Cessna 150 and finally lost one of the cowl fastener screws
for the lower cowling. It's the slotted quarter-turn type.
What's the best source for replacing these? I guess I'll buy some
extras too.

Thanks in advance! -Eric

Go on and buy all you need to replace every one of them on the cowling
and the tools too. Do them all in one shot and save a lot of time and
frustration, because if one has worn out and been lost, the others are
not too far behind.
Might as well buy the stainless screw kit too and start replacing
them.

Craig C.

Old August 25th 03, 05:07 AM
dvtpilot

Well, thanks for that. Does anyone have an answer to my question?
I don't want to start replacing all of them...just looking for one
little part here.

Old August 25th 03, 03:50 PM
G.R. Patterson III

dvtpilot wrote:

I have a Cessna 150 and finally lost one of the cowl fastener screws
for the lower cowling. It's the slotted quarter-turn type.

Part number L-838-001 at Wag-Aero. http://store.wagaero.com

George Patterson
Brute force has an elegance all its own.
Old August 25th 03, 04:58 PM
James L. Freeman

Try Aircraft Spruce or Wag Aero. Both have online shopping.

Old August 25th 03, 05:54 PM
Craig

dvtpilot wrote in message . ..
Well, thanks for that. Does anyone have an answer to my question?
I don't want to start replacing all of them...just looking for one
little part here.

Whatever...just been my experience that once one starts to come out,
the others are not too far behind. Besides, half an afternoon with
the cowling off and replacing the external screws gives allows you to
give the a/c a very good going over. That's when you find things like
beginning cracks, areas of fretting due to loose fastners ect... I'm
not trying to be an alarmist, just being practical from lots of years
of playing with spam cans and warbirds...

Craig C.

Old August 25th 03, 08:07 PM
Wayne

Most parts departments have them right on the counter, taxi in and match
them up?
Wayne