Hunting Season

Old November 7th 03, 02:49 PM
EDR

Default Hunting Season

I see from reading the FAA accident site, that aircraft hunting season
has begun. Just this week...
C210 got a deer
C560 got a deer
B1900 got three geese
C650 got two geese

One would think that sitting on the ground with a gun would be cheaper,
but I guess there is more sport in using an airplane.
Old November 7th 03, 03:11 PM
C J Campbell

"EDR" wrote in message
| I see from reading the FAA accident site, that aircraft hunting season
| has begun. Just this week...
| C210 got a deer
| C560 got a deer
| B1900 got three geese
| C650 got two geese

The hard part is flying home with that deer strapped on your wing.

Old November 7th 03, 04:43 PM
Roger Long

At least pilots are smart enough not to show up at the tagging station with
a cow on the bumper as happens at least once a year up here in Maine.

Reminds me, I never did get around to painting that little deer symbol on
the cowling of our plane.

--
Roger Long

Old November 7th 03, 05:26 PM
John Harlow

I see from reading the FAA accident site, that aircraft hunting season
has begun. Just this week...
C210 got a deer
C560 got a deer
B1900 got three geese
C650 got two geese

One would think that sitting on the ground with a gun would be cheaper,
but I guess there is more sport in using an airplane.

Lol - I thought you were referring to the recent mail going around
Alaskan aerial hunting:

Alaska has reinstituted aerial shooting of wolves, to increase the moose
and caribou populations--for the HUNTERS...see the attached CNN article
at
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science...eut/index.html
.

If this outrages you as much as it does me, I urge you to contact the
Alaska Department of Fish and Game to register your disgust. You can
e-mail the Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game at

Or write or call:
Alaska Department of Fish and Game
P.O. Box 25526
Juneau, Alaska 99802-5526
(907) 465-4100

Old November 7th 03, 05:38 PM
Jay Honeck

Reminds me, I never did get around to painting that little deer symbol on
the cowling of our plane.

We've narrowly avoided half a dozen deer, a fox (!), a bald eagle (we
probably would've got put in jail, posthumously), several hawks, and more
run-of-the-mill birds than we can count.

I figure it's only a matter of time.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 7th 03, 05:45 PM
Icebound

EDR wrote:
..snip...

One would think that sitting on the ground with a gun would be cheaper,
but I guess there is more sport in using an airplane.

Sometimes they use both an aircraft *and* a gun.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?...LA058& akey=1

Old November 7th 03, 06:37 PM
EDR

In article , C J Campbell
wrote:

"EDR" wrote in message
| I see from reading the FAA accident site, that aircraft hunting season
| has begun. Just this week...
| C210 got a deer
| C560 got a deer
| B1900 got three geese
| C650 got two geese

The hard part is flying home with that deer strapped on your wing.

I don't know... I've heard some interesting tales about Alaska.
Old November 7th 03, 06:50 PM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
The hard part is flying home with that deer strapped on your wing.

Huh? What are you talking about? Just hit the deer fast enough and don't
slow down until you get home. It'll stay stuck there just fine.

Old November 7th 03, 07:02 PM
Corky Scott

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 16:43:06 GMT, "Roger Long"
om wrote:

At least pilots are smart enough not to show up at the tagging station with
a cow on the bumper as happens at least once a year up here in Maine.

Roger Long

Roger, really? You've actually seen a story every year about a
someone who bags a cow and tries to tag it?

How on earth do they get it on the bumper? Is it physically possible?
Around here, it takes a front end loader and a truck to move a dead
cow.

Corky Scott

Old November 7th 03, 07:05 PM
Icebound

EDR wrote:
In article , C J Campbell
wrote:

"EDR" wrote in message
| I see from reading the FAA accident site, that aircraft hunting season
| has begun. Just this week...
| C210 got a deer
| C560 got a deer
| B1900 got three geese
| C650 got two geese

The hard part is flying home with that deer strapped on your wing.

I don't know... I've heard some interesting tales about Alaska.

Thats why that strong cross-brace is there between the floats.