Airshow season is over

Old October 17th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob C

Default Airshow season is over

Well, the 2006 airshow season is over. I've burned
over 400 gallons of jet-A this summer and there is
no doubt that the twin-jet glider is the most fun aircraft
I've ever flown. Thanks to all the guys at AMT-USA
for their support, and a big thanks to all the airshow
volunteers and sponsors without whom the airshows would
not go on. I've also really enjoyed meeting the turbine
model flyers at the shows.

Here's a link to the latest jet glider video clip:

Montage of aerobatic clips:
http://www.silentwingsairshows.com/v...oo_hot_low.wmv

Blue skies,

Bob

Old October 17th 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris

I'd love to know how to make those smoke generators for airshow work over
here in OZ. without cooking my wing tips and converting all my Discus to
"carbon Fibre" crispy.

Chris Runeckles

Discus A "TOP"

Old October 17th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_1_]

Bob,
I didnt get a chance to see you this year but several of my friends
caught you at airshows around the midwest. They all thought it was
VERY cool. I had to remind most of them that most of your aerobatics
are done engine OFF! ah the uneducated masses Keep up the good
work and the great PR for the sport. Ill try to make it out next
year...

Old October 17th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn[_2_]

Bob C wrote:
Well, the 2006 airshow season is over. I've burned
over 400 gallons of jet-A this summer and there is
no doubt that the twin-jet glider is the most fun aircraft
I've ever flown. Thanks to all the guys at AMT-USA
for their support, and a big thanks to all the airshow
volunteers and sponsors without whom the airshows would
not go on. I've also really enjoyed meeting the turbine
model flyers at the shows.

Here's a link to the latest jet glider video clip:

Montage of aerobatic clips:
http://www.silentwingsairshows.com/v...oo_hot_low.wmv

Blue skies,

Now that's worm burning ;-)
Nice!
Good music too.

Shawn
Old October 18th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob C

Actually, I do the acro with the engines on. I pull
the engines to flight idle for the upper part of the
show, but the last half is down low, mostly with engines
at full power.

Bob

Old October 18th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

Bob,

I enjoyed seeing you at Cannon... don't you still owe me a beer for
keeping the Air Force guys off you?

Jack Womack
PIK-20B N77MA (TE)

Old October 18th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Bob... maybe you should try to get into the "Aviation Nation" airshow for
future events.
The Aviation Nellis Show at Nellis AFB is normally held Veterans Day
Weekend.

BT

Old October 18th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob C

BT,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, Nellis stiffed
me about 4 years ago. Promised repeatedly that they'd
hire me (along with several other performers), then
dropped us about three weeks out. As usual with USAF,
lots of paperwork, but no deposit. I turned down another
regular show based on their promise, and was left empty
that weekend. I'm not anxious to pursue that one again.
Fool me once...

Bob

Old October 18th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob C

Jack,

Couldn't find you after the show. Didn't want your
beer to get warm, so we consumed it. You missed a
hell of a survivor's party that Saturday night... SSA
convention maybe?

Bob