Panel mounted microphone source?

Old December 31st 11, 10:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

Default Panel mounted microphone source?

Hello,

My glider came with a panel mounted microphone and I really like it.
Unfortunately while working on the panel I dropped it today and I
think it got damaged given when I press the PTT I only hear a squeal
now. I will check the wiring this weekend, but in case I need to
replace it does anyone know where I could get one?

The manual (if you call the one page instruction sheet that came with
it!) refers to it as "Sailplane Microphone h8 M2".

Any suggestions?

Happy New Year everyone!
Old January 3rd 12, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_3_]

Am 31.12.2011 11:03, Morteza Ansari wrote:
Hello,

My glider came with a panel mounted microphone and I really like it.
Unfortunately while working on the panel I dropped it today and I
think it got damaged given when I press the PTT I only hear a squeal
now. I will check the wiring this weekend, but in case I need to
replace it does anyone know where I could get one?

The manual (if you call the one page instruction sheet that came with
it!) refers to it as "Sailplane Microphone h8 M2".

Any suggestions?

Happy New Year everyone!

There is a supplier of panel microphones in Germany that has regular ads
on segeflug.de. Try this link:

http://www.segelflug.de/cgi-bin/clas...uery=retrieval

--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE
Old January 3rd 12, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike I Green

On 12/31/2011 2:03 AM, Morteza Ansari wrote:
Hello,

My glider came with a panel mounted microphone and I really like it.
Unfortunately while working on the panel I dropped it today and I
think it got damaged given when I press the PTT I only hear a squeal
now. I will check the wiring this weekend, but in case I need to
replace it does anyone know where I could get one?

The manual (if you call the one page instruction sheet that came with
it!) refers to it as "Sailplane Microphone h8 M2".

Any suggestions?

Happy New Year everyone!

I would very much appreciate input from others whom have had experience
with panel mounted microphones.

--
MG

Mike I Green
Old January 4th 12, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lars Peder Hansen

Hi Mike,

I got one in my dg-600. Works great, even under conditions with high ambient
noise levels

I see them for sale regularly on the German Segelflug.de classifieds pages
http://www.segelflug.de/cgi-bin/clas...lassifieds.cgi - Search for
"einbaumicro"

Cheers,
Lars Peder
DG-600 EE, Denmark

Old January 5th 12, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

Thanks Peter and Lars, the links you shared were a great help. I
reached out to the person advertising and got additional information.
I also found out more about the mike I have in the panel and it is an
older model of one that is still in production. I had incorrectly
identified it as "h8 M2" it actually is "ho M2" with an umlaut over
the letter "o". The latest model on sale is "ho M5".

Now the question is which one is a better option. Anyone else has
experience with either of these microphones one way or another?
Old January 5th 12, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Three Uniform

Hi Morteza
I will be very interested to hear your transmissions this spring/
summer.
If it works well, I will consider to install one too to get rid of the
boom mic.

Is there any technical info about directional sensitivity, noise
cancellation and/or other properties ?

3U
Old January 5th 12, 08:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

The one linked above is an electret with an amplifier and an
integrated voltage regulators. The gain is adjustable and can be
adjusted for each installation. No noise cancellation and apparently
it has a circle directional characteristic.

The other one (ho M5) is similar (amplified electret) but I don't
believe the amplifier is adjustable. 400-20K frequency response and
600ohm. Don't have any info on its spacial response model.

BTW, I think I found the problem with my mic to be a broken power
lead. I will test it and see how it goes. But looks like now I have a
couple of sources if I need to replace it.

MA

Old April 9th 12, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

My fix to the old mike didn't work and I ended up ordering one from Mike Beier (advertised on http://www.segelflug.de/) and finally got a chance to test fly it on a long flight. I am very happy to report it worked perfectly. As part of my 6 hour flight I talked to three different approach controllers as well as many other gliders and everyone reported the quality of audio to be excellent. I highly recommend these.

Now the interesting question is why we don't see more gliders use the panel mounted mikes? It seems to be the perfect solution given there is no clutter with the boom mike and you just speak normally to your panel. No more bending your neck to get close to the mike!

MA
Old April 9th 12, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate[_2_]

On Apr 9, 1:00*pm, Morteza Ansari wrote:

Now the interesting question is why we don't see more gliders use the panel mounted mikes? *It seems to be the perfect solution given there is no clutter with the boom mike and you just speak normally to your panel. No more bending your neck to get close to the mike!

MA

Good question! What model did you end up buying, and how much did it
cost? I'd love to get rid of the boom mic!

Cheers
Old April 10th 12, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 4/9/2012 1:11 PM, Grider Pirate wrote:
On Apr 9, 1:00 pm, Morteza wrote:

Now the interesting question is why we don't see more gliders use
the panel mounted mikes? It seems to be the perfect solution given
there is no clutter with the boom mike and you just speak normally
to your panel. No more bending your neck to get close to the mike!

MA

Good question! What model did you end up buying, and how much did
it cost? I'd love to get rid of the boom mic!

I like the idea, but I'm curious about making things work with a
self-launcher.

email me)