Iowa City Fly In Breakfast This Sunday, 8/28

Old August 23rd 05, 08:44 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Iowa City Fly In Breakfast This Sunday, 8/28

Our annual SERTOMA Fly-In Breakfast will be held at the Iowa City
Airport (KIOW) this coming Sunday, 8/28. Breakfast will begin at 7 AM,
and usually serves till 1 PM or so.

Mary and I will be at our booth, handing out helium balloons to the
kids, brochures and coupons to the adults, and holding a couple of
drawings for free suites. It's always a fun day, and this year you'll
get to see a giant Chinook helicopter fly, as well as a Douglas C-47,
and a myriad of other planes.

If you're looking for a good excuse to fly this Sunday, and want to
benefit a good cause (SERTOMA stands for "SERvice TO MAnkind"), drop in
for some pancakes and hangar flying!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 23rd 05, 09:08 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

Call Newsline 9 at (319)365-9999
for KGAN News call 1-800-222-KGAN

Jay, those are the phone numbers for two of the news departments for TV
stations in Cedar Rapids. Call them and get them to cover it.

I'll let you look up the newspaper's number.

oups.com...

Old August 23rd 05, 09:23 PM
Jay Honeck

Call Newsline 9 at (319)365-9999

They're sending down their "NewsCopter 9" to be on static display -- so
we're betting that they'll cover the fly-in!

The SERTOMA organizers have been doing this for 27 years in a row;
they've got the game down pretty good! :-)

BTW -- A correction: The C-47 is actually going to be a DC-3 painted
in Ozark Airlines livery. Ozark serviced Iowa City with airline
service from 1959 through 1972, so it will be a real blast of nostalgia
for the people of Iowa City.

Cooler yet, they will be giving rides for $50 bucks on Sunday -- and
dual instruction on Saturday for $225. We're putting up the crew for
the weekend, so I'm gonna have to hit 'em up for that...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 23rd 05, 09:49 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

This is a no brainer trade the rooms for equal value flight time. Hell Jay
you need to keep learning or some in this group will call you a quitter.

oups.com...

Old August 23rd 05, 10:51 PM
Jim Burns

Got the plane booked and since we didn't break anything last weekend, we'll
try to make the trip.
Jim

Old August 23rd 05, 11:16 PM
Brock Boss

Where's the Chinook and DC-3 coming from? Just wondering as we here in
Central IL have a Chinook unit in Peoria and a DC-3 based here at BMI.
Since there arent many DC-3's around painted in the Ozark Airlines
scheme(1 that I know of), I'm guessing you'll be seeing the same one I
share the traffic pattern with here at BMI.
Here's a link to the group that runs the DC-3 I'm referring to.
http://www.prairieaviationmuseum.org
Same one?

Old August 23rd 05, 11:20 PM
Jay Honeck

Got the plane booked and since we didn't break anything last weekend, we'll
try to make the trip.

Cool!

Any idea on an ETA? I'll try to plan it so I can eat breakfast with
you guys.

(One of these days we really should try eating something healthy. It
seems every time we get together, we're eating "coronary occlusion on a
platter"...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 23rd 05, 11:41 PM
N93332

Jay wrote :
(One of these days we really should try eating something healthy. It
seems every time we get together, we're eating "coronary occlusion on a
platter"...

One thing I have noticed about these fly-in breakfasts is that on the flight
home after filling up on pancakes and sausage, my stomach doesn't like the
light turbulence as much. I try to make a fly-in breakfast almost every
weekend throughout the summer. I'm considering Iowa City this Sunday -- no
promises yet. Where else can I get a 'free' breakfast for the cost of ~25
gallons of fuel??? :-O

-Greg B.

Old August 24th 05, 12:41 AM
Jose

(One of these days we really should try eating something healthy. It
seems every time we get together, we're eating "coronary occlusion on a
platter"...

Just a thought, but I have yoghurt, fresh fruit and berries (or frozen
if fresh isn't available) and a tablespoonfull or two of granola for
breakfast. It's my favorite.

Jose
--
Quantum Mechanics is like this: God =does= play dice with the universe,
except there's no God, and there's no dice. And maybe there's no universe.
Old August 24th 05, 01:52 AM
Dave S

The Nasa guys recommend banana's for the zero g work in the vomit comet...

Its not that they keep you from puking, they just taste ok on the way
back up

Dave