Zzzzzoom in Zzzzzero Gravity

Old May 9th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself

Default Zzzzzoom in Zzzzzero Gravity

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

In article , Montblack says...

This round apparently goes to Zoom.

Whether through guile, bluster, bluff ...or genuine journalistic
stick-to-itiveness, Zoom was the we were not. He deserves an "atta boy."

A question:
What are his ANN numbers?

Also:
What do those numbers mean?

He may have been there but something he wrote in his article about the flight
might have given it away. He said some people paid to observe the flight .I bet
he bought his way on because if he was part of the crew I'm sure he would have
worn a neat jump suit like the real crew members. I noticed that none of the
photos in flight were credited to him so I doubt he was the official
photographer.

I bet it was guile,bluster, bluff and money for a ticket that got zoom there :-)
But he'll never get an atta boy from me ...He's still a phoney .

Another thing he said was he'll be test flying a rocket plane in the near future
...Wanna bet?? LOL!!!

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Doncha just hate when that happens?

Old May 9th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ric[_2_]

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message I
noticed that none of the
photos in flight were credited to him so I doubt he was the official
photographer.

The photo at the NASA site shows Hawking "floating" with the credit given to
Jim Cambell. Sooo, unless they have thrown him in the air, one must assume
it is an inflight photo credit.

Old May 9th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article Dab0i.43277$n_.40036@attbi_s21, John Ousterhout says...

Dan wrote:

I wonder if it's too late to have him test a V1.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

THAT would be a Weapon of Mass Deception.

Good one John.I'd love to read his "test pilot" reports.

" The Natter was a little cramped for yours truly but once airborne I really
rung it out and I didn't notice that my rather large empennage was hitting the
cabin sides. But that helped with high G maneuvers. I started with some basic
loops ,rolls and inverted flat spins and found the Natter to be extremely
sensitive but delightfully obedient having a close coupled phugoid with yaw
separation in roll harmonizing the damping of the linear but slightly increasing
stick pressures. At about positive 10 g's while supersonic it exhibited a slight
mach tuck which went away at 10.5 g's I didn't explore negative g past 9 because
I had a large breakfast and was mildly to slightly uncomfortable.

It was really fun to fly especially when I fired ALL those rockets YIPES what a
BLAST!! Landing was a slight challenge with a 40 knot 89 degree X wind but I
greased it on thanks to the great designers of this craft.

All in all I found this plane to be blast to fly and and I think eventually
I'll own one to add to my WW II collection.

Next week I'll be test flying the Baka Bomb a delightful little rocket glider
(similiar to the Rockt Racer I'll be flying in the near future ) and the V-1
series Pulse jet plane .I'm the only fly writer to get to fly these planes it
will be an ANNE exclusive. " :-)

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Old May 9th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Ric says...

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message I
noticed that none of the
photos in flight were credited to him so I doubt he was the official
photographer.

The photo at the NASA site shows Hawking "floating" with the credit given to
Jim Cambell. Sooo, unless they have thrown him in the air, one must assume
it is an inflight photo credit.

Your right at this point I have no doubt zoom was there however I doubt zoom was
the "official" event photographer.

See ya

Chuck S

Old May 9th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article , Timothy Sinclair says...

Chuck S Wrote:

He may have been there but something he wrote in his article about
the flight might have given it away. He said some people paid to
observe the flight .I bet he bought his way on because if he was
part of the crew I'm sure he would have worn a neat jump suit like
the real crew members. I noticed that none of the photos in flight
were credited to him so I doubt he was the official photographer.

I bet it was guile,bluster, bluff and money for a ticket that got
zoom there :-) But he'll never get an atta boy from me ...He's
still a phoney .

Another thing he said was he'll be test flying a rocket plane in
the near future ...Wanna bet?? LOL!!!

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

For the last time:

James Campbell was not on board Stephen Hawking's zero-g flight.

Tim I hope your right so how do you know? and how did zoom get in the
news photos and videos?? If you have proof he wasn't there I among
others would love to see it :-)

Chuck S

Guys this should be really easy to check out. Here's the contact information
for Zero G's VP of sales & marketing.

Edwin Lorse, VP Sales & Marketing
954-756-1000

Somebody call him and ask if Zoom was on the flight. I'm sure he has a list.

Old May 9th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard Isakson

[...]

Gosh "Chuck", that pegged the Zoom meter with a solid 10. Is it possible
that "Chuck" is actually just a Zoom sock puppet? Does anyone have a photo
of "Chuck" and Zoom together at the same time? None of this Photoshop stuff
but an unaltered photo? Now, I know what you're thinking: "but Zoom is
always attacking "Chuck". What about that." That could be just an aspect of
Campbell's self hatred! Or is Zoom one of "Chuck's" personalities?

Rich

Old May 9th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dave[_13_]

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message

.. At about positive 10 g's while supersonic it exhibited a slight
mach tuck which went away at 10.5 g's I didn't explore negative g past 9
because
I had a large breakfast and was mildly to slightly uncomfortable.

I'm confused, Jim Campbell is a very fat man, and normal people in good
shape begin to experience blackouts at 6-7 g's. How might a flabby pile like
Zoom expect to calmly evaluate flight characteristics at 10.5 G's?? I really
couldn't care less if he rode with Hawking, you pay- you ride, that easy,
but who would believe a man that out of shape could fly the way he claims??

Old May 9th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Richard Isakson" wrote)
Gosh "Chuck", that pegged the Zoom meter with a solid 10. Is it possible
that "Chuck" is actually just a Zoom sock puppet? Does anyone have a
photo of "Chuck" and Zoom together at the same time? None of this
Photoshop stuff but an unaltered photo? Now, I know what you're thinking:
"but Zoom is always attacking "Chuck". What about that." That could be
just an aspect of Campbell's self hatred! Or is Zoom one of "Chuck's"
personalities?

I can think of (3) Star Trek (TOS) episodes, off the top of my head, that
deal with this very topic:

The Enemy Within - Kirk split into two personality types
The Alternative Factor - Lazarus (A&B) from an antimatter universe
Turnabout Intruder - "Doctor" Janice Lester (...enough said!)

Mirror, Mirror ...not so much.

Mont-black-on-my right-side
"Riddle me this..."

Q: What did one Borg say to one another right before their ship was
destroyed in sector zero zero one?
A: Hoisted by our own Picard.

Spock, Spock.
Who's there?
Epsilon.
Epsilon who?
Epsilon way to Tipperary...

Q: Did you hear about the new restaurant on the moon?
A: Great food, but no atmosphere.

Old May 10th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan Nafe

In article ,
"Richard Isakson" wrote:

Gosh "Chuck", that pegged the Zoom meter with a solid 10.

Nope, 9.4.

(Forgot to use the word "puppy" in reference to the aircraft)
Old May 10th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Dan Nafe says...

In article ,
"Richard Isakson" wrote:

Gosh "Chuck", that pegged the Zoom meter with a solid 10.

Nope, 9.4.

(Forgot to use the word "puppy" in reference to the aircraft)

That's fair I did miss "puppy" good evaulation. I guess I'm out of practice
LOL!!

Chuck (I didn't loop ,roll and spin)S

Jet fuel A-1 specific gravity [email protected] Piloting 7 May 20th 06 04:39 PM
Sub-gravity sensation Rod Soaring 4 March 7th 04 03:20 PM
Gravity Waves [email protected] Soaring 0 December 10th 03 06:13 AM
Gravity launch Mark James Boyd Soaring 9 October 8th 03 03:32 AM