Lightspeed does it again

Old October 3rd 03, 04:36 PM
Duane MacInnis

Default Lightspeed does it again

I followed the posts about Lightspeed selling pretty good equipment, and
most importantly, standing behind their products when they have problems. I
was particularly impressed with Jay Honeck's reports (hi Jay) about his
Oshkosh experience. So, as a treat to myself I recently bought a 30/3G for
my "new" Cheetah.

Last week, like an idiot, I lost the phone patch cord. I called Lightspeed
yesterday to get a new one. After explaining the situation, giving my
address, etc, I then offered my card number for payment. Without hesitation
she says, "Nah, that's OK, we'll just send you a new one..."

Just amazing. What do you do with guys like that.

Duane
++++++++++++++
Duane MacInnis PE
Flight Instructor
Cell (604) 454-7415
www.macinnisaviation.com

Grumman Cheetah C-GVJF

Old October 3rd 03, 04:40 PM
Russell Kent

Duane MacInnis wrote:

Just amazing. What do you do with guys like that.

Easy answer: send them more business.

Russell Kent

Old October 3rd 03, 05:34 PM
Jay Honeck

Good work, Duane.

Our new Twenty 3Gs are still working great. They are simply wonderful.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 3rd 03, 07:42 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

I've had NOTHING but praise for the LightSpeed folks. I had a similar
experience and they sent the part at no charge even though I was fully ready
to pay the piper, 'cause it had been my fault.

Word of mouth is invaluable advertising and they know that! :-)

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Old October 3rd 03, 11:28 PM
Chuck

"TripFarmer" wrote in message
Must have a high markup on the item.........

Trip

Nah... I would call it good customer service.

Just think, they may lose a few dollars on this incident, but because they
treated him well, he told others about it and I will bet you a dollar
someone that sees his post will remember this and buy something from them
because of the good customer service that he was given.

Loose a dime now, make a dollar from it later...

Old October 3rd 03, 11:48 PM
Dave Stadt

"Chuck" wrote in message
ink.net...

"TripFarmer" wrote in message
Must have a high markup on the item.........

Trip

Nah... I would call it good customer service.

Just think, they may lose a few dollars on this incident, but because they
treated him well, he told others about it and I will bet you a dollar
someone that sees his post will remember this and buy something from them
because of the good customer service that he was given.

Loose a dime now, make a dollar from it later...

With all the problems Lightspeed has had I am sticking with my DCs for the
foreseeable future. Good customer service is to be expected and shouldn't
be looked upon as an anomaly.

Old October 4th 03, 01:00 AM
Newps

Dave Stadt wrote:

With all the problems Lightspeed has had I am sticking with my DCs for the
foreseeable future. Good customer service is to be expected and shouldn't
be looked upon as an anomaly.

Forgot my Lightspeed Cross Country headset at home last week, so I
borrowed a buddy's DC. Don't know how anybody can wear that junk.
Clamps the head and terribly loud.

Old October 4th 03, 02:07 AM
Stu Gotts

Good to hear the new ones are okay.

As a side note, today I dropped my airplane off at an airport a few
hundred miles from home for a specialized installation. Flew up with
my BOSE X's. A friend followed to return me home. In his plane were
Lightspeed 25's which I used. After about 1/2 hour I couldn't stand
it any longer and had to put my Bose back on. Compared to the X's
they were noisey and uncomfortable. Now don't get me wrong, I
previously owned the 25's and thought they were great, but experienced
the same problems as many of the folks here have. I also experienced
the joy of fabulous customer service, just too much of it. Anyway, if
anyone tells you that the Lightspeeds as good as Bose, they haven't
done a REAL side by side comparison.

Old October 4th 03, 04:31 AM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

Just got our X's today and even the difference between to 'old' Bose
headsets are noticeable.

Ditto on the comparison. If you try both, you'll stay w/ the Bose X.

(The problem is the $1g each.)

--

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

take off my shoes to reply