old sayings

Old March 16th 11, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default old sayings

takeoffs are optional. landings are mandatory. if god meant man to
fly, he'd have given him more money. if you push the stick forward,
the houses get bigger, if you pull the stick back they get smaller.
(unless you keep pulling the stick back - then they get bigger again)
flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous. it's better to be down
here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down
here. the propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to
keep the pilot cool. want proof? make it stop; then watch the pilot
break out into a sweat. speed is life, altitude is life insurance. no
one has ever collided with the sky. it's best to keep the pointed end
going forward as much as possible. the only time you have too much
fuel is when you're on fire. flying is the second greatest thrill
known to man.... landing is the first! everyone already knows the
definition of a 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away.
but very few know the definition of a 'great landing.' it's one after
which you can use the airplane another time. the probability of
survival is equal to the angle of arrival. always remember you fly an
airplane with your head, not your hands. never let an airplane take
you somewhere your brain didn't get to five minutes earlier. you know
you've landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi.
those who hoot with the owls by night, should not fly with the eagles
by day. a helicopter is a collection of rotating parts going round and
round and reciprocating parts going up and down - all of them trying
to become random in motion. helicopters can't really fly - they're
just so ugly that the earth immediately repels them. young man, was
that a landing or were we shot down? learn from the mistakes of
others. you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself. trust
your captain .... but keep your seat belt securely fastened. any pilot
who relies on a terminal forecast can be sold the brooklyn bridge. if
he relies on winds-aloft reports he can be sold niagara falls. good
judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment.
aviation is not so much a profession as it is a disease. there are
three simple rules for making a smooth landing: unfortunately, no one
knows what they are. the only thing worse than a captain who never
flew as copilot is a copilot who once was a captain. be nice to your
first officer, he may be your captain at your next airline. any
attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwind. a
thunderstorm is never as bad on the inside as it appears on the
outside. it's worse. son, i was flying airplanes for a living when you
were still in liquid form. it's easy to make a small fortune in
aviation. you start with a large fortune. a male pilot is a confused
soul who talks about women when he's flying, and about flying when
he's with a woman. a fool and his money are soon flying more airplane
than he can handle. remember, you're always a student in an airplane.
keep looking around; there's always something you've missed. try to
keep the number of your landings equal to the number of your takeoffs.
you cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.
there are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old,
bold, pilots! things which do you no good in aviation: altitude above
you. runway behind you. fuel in the truck. half a second ago. approach
plates in the car. the airspeed you don't have. flying is the perfect
vocation for a man who wants to feel like a boy, but not for one who
still is. asking what a pilot thinks about the faa is like asking a
fireplug what it thinks about dogs. being an airline pilot would be
great if you didn't have to go on all those trips.
Old March 17th 11, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
-Mark-[_3_]

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:48:34 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

takeoffs are optional.

Do you think I don't watch your actions daily? Do you need another set
of warnings with, this time, extremely consequential actions?

Last, final warning.
--
https://twitter.com/CorruptNutsac
http://gayincarolina.jottit.com/my_main_squeeze
Old March 17th 11, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Mar 17, 2:07*am, -Mark- wrote:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:48:34 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:
takeoffs are optional.

Do you think I don't watch your actions daily? Do you need another set
of warnings with, this time, extremely consequential actions?

Last, final warning.
--https://twitter.com/CorruptNutsachttp://gayincarolina.jottit.com/my_main_squeeze

Excuse me, but I don't know what you're talking about.
Are you the fellow who proclaimed himself to be one
Duane J. Ritter of Marietta Georgia? Also, I don't know
what you mean by consequential actions, but whatever
that is...I'm sure it's just as much bull**** as the rest of
your online personna.

Old April 24th 11, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark IV

On Mar 17, 2:07*am, -Mark- wrote:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:48:34 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:
takeoffs are optional.

Do you think I don't watch your actions daily? Do you need another set
of warnings with, this time, extremely consequential actions?

Last, final warning.
--https://twitter.com/CorruptNutsachttp://gayincarolina.jottit.com/my_main_squeeze

Computer Hacking is considered a serious
enough crime to get you 10 years in lock-up.

"Final Warning?" "Serious consequences?"
That is a DEATH THREAT my friend. But then,
you're already a murderer.

Those hatecrime web sites look like stalking
and harrassing, because...they are.

I'm turning my computer over to the FBI, and
they should be able to trace your spyware.

You are so ****ed.

---
Mark IV

Old sayings Greasy Rider @ invalid.com Naval Aviation 2 November 15th 05 09:30 PM
OT? Some old aviation sayings... Greg Burkhart Piloting 4 March 27th 04 01:22 AM