Becker AR6201 Radios Finally Approved and Available

Old November 16th 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Becker AR6201 Radios Finally Approved and Available

Hi,

The very nice Becker AR6201 panel mounted radios have finally received
approvals. I will have stock in about 2 days.

You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/becker.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 16th 11, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

I've been "delivering" the Becker AR6201's since January 2011!
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

signature database 6634 (20111116) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6634 (20111116) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old November 16th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

I decided to wait to deliver them after they received approvals.

It is my understanding that there were changes to them during the approval
process, so anyone that bought one before the approval does not have an
approved unit. I imagine they can be upgraded - either by sending them in
or perhaps by simply getting new paperwork.

Paul Remde

Old November 17th 11, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Free Flight 107[_2_]

I'm confused, I bought my Beckers like 5 years ago, is this a new
model, almost like the old one or was it not certified for something 5
yrears ago??

Inquiring minds wnat to know,

Wayne
Old November 17th 11, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Wayne,

The AR6201 is a new radio. The AR4201 is still available and is fully
certified and approved. The AR6201 has many new features. You can see

Old November 17th 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gilbert Smith[_2_]

"Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi Wayne,

The AR6201 is a new radio. The AR4201 is still available and is fully
certified and approved. The AR6201 has many new features. You can see
details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/becker.htm

This link doesn't exactly spell it out, like "here is a list of new or
improved features". I couldn't even decide by going to the Becker web
site whether there was any difference, other than size, weight, and
processor speed (not exactly a premium feature in a comms set).
Gilbert.

Old November 17th 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Gilbert,

Below is some text from my radio comparison page regarding the AR6201. The
same text is included in my AR6201 description on the Becker page.

The AR 6201 is, of course, prepared for 8.33 kHz spacing that will become
the new international standard for airborne communication. Switching
between the 8.33 and the 25 K mode is therefore made effortlessly simple.
Standard or dynamic microphones can be used. A built-in test facility
increases flight safety. The dual monitor mode that allows scanning of two
different channels is an extra feature.

The main reason people have been interested in the AR6201 is because of the
dual frequency monitor feature. I haven't played with it yet, but if I
understand correctly, if there is no signal coming in on the main frequency,
and something comes in on the standby frequency, you will hear it. The main
frequency always has priority. I think that is a great new feature. The
8.33 kHz frequency spacing is more important in Europe than here.

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/radios-panel.htm

I don't anticipate that any glider pilots will upgrade from a working Dittel
or Becker AR4201 radio to this new AR6201. But pilots looking for a good
new radio will likely go for the AR6201 since it is only a bit more than the
AR4201.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 18th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

Did I read somewhere that it has a built in intercom?

Not really a feature gliders need, but I have a freind that wants to
put a radio in his T-Craft.

What other radios have an intercom built into them?

Brian
Old November 18th 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Brian,

Yes. The brochure states "integrated VOX/intercom".
http://www.beckerusa.com/products/im...01Brochure.pdf

I'm pretty sure the Dittel FSG2T and Becker AR4201 also have built-in
intercoms. The XCOM 760 does too.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.