FS Sage CVA Vario

Old February 20th 14, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NG

Default FS Sage CVA Vario

For sale Sage CVA Vario. Legacy colors. Works perfectly. Currently installed but removing to replace with Winter Varios to conform with type certificate. BYOF, bring your own flask, I am keeping mine. Takes a .45 liter. Picture on request. $450 dollars, I will take care of the shipping (3 day FedEx insured).
Old February 20th 14, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:19:29 AM UTC-6, NG wrote:
For sale Sage CVA Vario. Legacy colors. Works perfectly. Currently installed but removing to replace with Winter Varios to conform with type certificate. BYOF, bring your own flask, I am keeping mine. Takes a .45 liter.. Picture on request. $450 dollars, I will take care of the shipping (3 day FedEx insured).

Are you saying your type certificate REQUIRES Winter varios? That's odd - usually the type is more of a suggestion, or at worse a list of approved types.

And I sure wouldn't replace a Sage with a Winter!

Kirk
66
Old February 20th 14, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NG

Correction, CV NOT CVA, sorry about that.

Kirk. The FAA approved DG documentation states that there is a minimal equipment list needed for certification. On the list there are various choices of certified instruments. Winters are certified, Sages are not. Having spent 2 years in Federal court doing battle with the FAA over a type certificate, and having lost, I don't wish to engage in any further debate with them if I can avoid it.
Old February 20th 14, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:07:58 PM UTC-6, NG wrote:
Correction, CV NOT CVA, sorry about that.

Kirk. The FAA approved DG documentation states that there is a minimal equipment list needed for certification. On the list there are various choices of certified instruments. Winters are certified, Sages are not. Having spent 2 years in Federal court doing battle with the FAA over a type certificate, and having lost, I don't wish to engage in any further debate with them if I can avoid it.

Wow, that's a new one to me. Never heard of any varios described as "certified". Methinks you got screwed by a poor translation from German, and a clueless FAA.

Good luck!

Kirk
66
Old February 21st 14, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NG

For my twin DG glider, the Type Certificate states:

The basic required equipment as prescribed in the applicable airworthiness regulation must be installed in the glider for certification.

The approved Flight Manual states:

As minimum equipment only the instruments and equipment specified in the equipment list (see maintenance manual) are admissible.

In the maintenance manual there are only two variometers identified:

Winter 5 St VM5 (daim. 58 mm) Certification No. TS10.230/14
Winter 5 StV5 (dia.80 mm) Certification No. TS 10.230/13

And I don't think these are just friendly suggestions. So you may very well be right, but good luck arguing the point with the FAA. From my own experience on a different issue, they are not easy to argue with, it is their way or the highway. I think once your A&P, or even the manufacturer, puts the variometer in the glider, it may be wise to use the one on the instrument list, even though it may be inferior. Having my standard airworthiness certificate jerked is not an experience I wish to repeat.
Old February 21st 14, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Are you aware of this Document?

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/fileadm...%20DG-G-07.pdf

Randy
Old February 21st 14, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Here is the link for all parts of the TN
http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/fileadm...20Instruments/

Hope this helps
Randy
Old February 21st 14, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NG

This item is sold.

Randy thanks for adding the TN from DG to the thread.

NG
Old February 21st 14, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, February 21, 2014 12:59:29 PM UTC+1, NG wrote:
This item is sold.

Randy thanks for adding the TN from DG to the thread.

NG

Don't know about FAA rules, but in EASA land all instruments which are part of the minimum equipment list have to be certified. However normally the variometer is not part of this list.
Old February 21st 14, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GC[_2_]

On 21/02/2014 11:37, wrote:
Are you aware of this Document?

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/fileadm...%20DG-G-07.pdf

He may well be, but since his problem is the Minimum Equipment List and
the heading of G-07 is:

Subject : Installation of instruments and equipment which are not
part of the minimum equipment.

it's probably not that helpful.

GC

Randy

WTB Winter or Sage Vario [email protected] Soaring 4 November 18th 11 02:44 PM
Sage SV Vario for sale [email protected] Soaring 1 April 26th 08 04:55 PM
FOR SALE: SAGE SV vario RW Soaring 3 March 13th 05 06:58 PM
WTB Sage Vario Sleigh Soaring 1 June 5th 04 02:55 AM
Sage Vario Robert Danewid Soaring 1 January 11th 04 07:38 PM