Front articulating seats for Piper Archer II - Supplier needed

Old August 11th 05, 12:55 AM
Roy Page

Default Front articulating seats for Piper Archer II - Supplier needed

We need a pair of used articulating front seats for our Piper Archer II.
I have tried Wentworth but no luck.
I would appreciate any suggestions of a supplier.

Roy
N5804F

Old August 11th 05, 06:35 PM
Chuck

GOOD LUCK!!!

I've been trying to find a pair of these for my Cherokee for almost a
year. Most of the early Pipers all use the same seat track and can
mount the same seats. But finding replacement articulated seats is a
bear.

I did locate two in a parts yard, but they wanted to sell me the whole
interior instead of just the seats. And I wasn't looking to do the
whole interior.

Good luck Roy. And if you find any, please let us know where you got
them. I'm sure we're not the only ones on this list who would like
some of those seats.

Chuck
PA28-180

Old August 12th 05, 02:06 AM
Mike Spera

Good Luck indeed! I had one salvage yard offer to sell me an adjustable
seat frame for $900! Yikes!

After putting in the new seat slings, foam, and upholstery, we found
that we did not need any adjustment on the copilot's side any more (via
one or more cushions). On the adjustable pilot's side, we usually ran
the adjustment all the way up. After the new interior, we lower it by
about 1/3 to get the same "eyeball" level we had when it was all the way
up with the old smashed seat foam.

Good Luck,
Mike

Old August 12th 05, 01:53 PM
Rich Badaracco

You might try he
http://cherokeeaircraftsalvage.com/index.html

nk.net...

Old August 16th 05, 04:42 PM
Paul kgyy

Try Central Airmotive. They recondition the frame. Expect $900+ each.

Old June 19th 11, 03:15 AM
Mike@CAS Mike@CAS is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Page View Post
We need a pair of used articulating front seats for our Piper Archer II.
I have tried Wentworth but no luck.
I would appreciate any suggestions of a supplier.

Roy
N5804F

Roy,

I just came upon a set...maroon, in excellent condition. If you'd lilke I can send photos.

Mike