ATC preferred route - RDU - BWI ?

Old November 4th 05, 03:40 AM
John Doe

Default ATC preferred route - RDU - BWI ?

Anyone know what the preferred routing ATC likes for getting GA into/out of
BWI from/to the south.

I'm flying from RDU to BWI and back. (IFR)

Tks.

Old November 4th 05, 08:21 AM
Michelle P

Come up the east side.
BRV OTT Swann. Should work. THey may try to send you a little more east
than that.....
Michelle

Old November 4th 05, 02:16 PM
Dave Butler

John Doe wrote:
Anyone know what the preferred routing ATC likes for getting GA into/out of
BWI from/to the south.

I'm flying from RDU to BWI and back. (IFR)

Both directions over PXT and GRACO (assuming low-altitude piston).

Dave
Old November 4th 05, 02:19 PM
Maule Driver

John Doe wrote:
Anyone know what the preferred routing ATC likes for getting GA into/out of
BWI from/to the south.

I'd suggest filing airways whatever you do - they seem to insist on
clearing
you for them approaching the ADIZ.

I filed 8NC8 direct ANP once to see what I'd get - airways thru RIC and
PXT with vectors from Potomac approach to cut down the distance. I'm
going to try routing thru OTT next time per Michelle.
Old November 4th 05, 02:29 PM

I make the trip from RDU to FME or GAI and back pretty frequently.

I usually have good luck (i.e. "cleared as filed") with the following:

RDU-LVL-RIC-V157-PXT-V93-BAL on the way up there and
BAL-V93-PXT-V213-HPW-ARGAL5-RDU on the way down.

Yes, I usually get the Argal5 arrival even flying a piston single.

Steve