revised FAA Order 5190.6B

Old January 15th 10, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_7_]

Default revised FAA Order 5190.6B

Peter Dohm wrote:
"bildan" wrote in message
Another section I found interesting (if I read it correctly as I breezed
through it)...storing cars, lumber, etc. in a hangar is an
"inconsistent" use of land on airport property...

Scott

Now THAT is good news. My local GA airport has a 5 year waiting list
for $500/Mo T-hangars. 75% of them are full of old cars and boats.
If the hangar lessee's are forced to clear out their junk, it means
more room for airplanes - possibly at a lower price.

This is a real ongoing debate, and on the surface it's easy to be on both
sides of it.

However, the current and growing interpretation seems to be that you can not
have other personal property, in addition to your aircraft, in your
hangar--and that is just plain unreasonable!

Therefore, I have to come down on the side opposing this rule--as well as
opposing the denials of TTF access.

Peter

However, in my case as a renter, it would be good for me. The hangar
owner stores 5 to 6 cars during the winter along with my Corben and his
206. There have been times I have gone out during the winter on a nice
day to fly (yes, open cockpit) and I cannot get my plane out because he
has moved my plane and wrestled all the cars in there. Yes, I know,
it's his hangar, but I get burned paying $145/month and then can't
always use my plane when I want...

Old January 16th 10, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Scott wrote:
However, in my case as a renter, it would be good for me. The hangar
owner stores 5 to 6 cars during the winter along with my Corben and
his 206. There have been times I have gone out during the winter on a
nice day to fly (yes, open cockpit) and I cannot get my plane out
because he has moved my plane and wrestled all the cars in there.
Yes, I know, it's his hangar, but I get burned paying $145/month and
then can't always use my plane when I want...

I'll take it as a given that your complaint is valid, but even then I'm not
sure why such contractual conflicts have to literally become a federal
issue for you to get them resolved.
Old January 16th 10, 11:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_7_]

Jim Logajan wrote:
Scott wrote:
However, in my case as a renter, it would be good for me. The hangar
owner stores 5 to 6 cars during the winter along with my Corben and
his 206. There have been times I have gone out during the winter on a
nice day to fly (yes, open cockpit) and I cannot get my plane out
because he has moved my plane and wrestled all the cars in there.
Yes, I know, it's his hangar, but I get burned paying $145/month and
then can't always use my plane when I want...

I'll take it as a given that your complaint is valid, but even then I'm not
sure why such contractual conflicts have to literally become a federal
issue for you to get them resolved.

Oh...I'm not saying that that the Feds need to or necessarily should
"resolve" conflicts like mine (which really is minor and after this
happened to me once, I let the owner know that I do fly in the winter...
he assumed I didn't since it is an open cockpit plane). I "think" where
the issue stems from is that some folks (like my hangar owner) lets
non-aviaiton folks store their cars in his hangar and they come out and
move their cars in and out and have to drive down the taxiway to get to
our row of hangars. The Feds probably get uptight about security
(which, again, isn't the only way this issue gets their undies in a
bunch, I'm sure.) We do not (yet, and hopefully NEVER) have a "real"
fence around the airport...just a barb-wire fence and a non-locked
cattle gate across the driveway....

Scott

Old January 19th 10, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
bildan

On Jan 14, 8:30*pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"bildan" wrote in message

[...]

May of the hangars are leased by people who hate airplanes and would
like the airport closed so they wouldn't have to deal with security
hassles - if they can keep their cheap storage space for old cars.
Meanwhile, hundreds of airplanes sit out in the weather

No doubt an "airplanes only" rule would inconvenience some but the
majority of airplanes owners would benefit from the sudden
availability of hangars.

Maybe a compromise is any hangar containing an airplane could also
house "parts and equipment necessary for it's maintenance".

BTW, I used to know an FBO who had an interesting spin on hangar
rent. The amount of rent you paid depended on how much you flew -
frequent fliers paid much less than those who never flew their
airplanes. The rent to hangar non-flying airplanes escalated until
the "hangar queens" were driven off. His fuel sales were very good
and his service shop was always busy.
Old January 19th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,

"bildan" wrote in message

[...]

That is a bummer for somebody restoring a plane!

My revised weather brief form Wizard of Draws Piloting 12 September 10th 04 02:25 AM
Old quotations, revised Bob McKellar Military Aviation 3 February 9th 04 03:29 AM
Pentagon "plane" crash revised Ben Full Military Aviation 26 January 1st 04 02:43 AM
New Revised Pilotv Library. $5.49 IczmK Pilot Pubs Products 0 July 26th 03 03:56 PM
New Revised Pilotv Library. $5.49 E7gAGI2 Pilot Pubs Aviation Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 03:56 PM