Depleted Uranium -- the U.S. military and tactical nuclear weapons ...

Old February 5th 05, 10:34 PM
Keith W

"Jeroen Wenting" wrote in message

Depleted uranium is used as ballast in jet aircraft (civilian) and sail
boats.
It is less toxic than lead.

and that's why the UN has classed it as a
Weapon with Indiscriminate Effect

Because the UN is the victim of junk science as much as if nor more so
than
any other bureaucracy.
The UN is also constantly on the lookout for ways to harm the USA and the
free world as a whole, after all the free world as led by the USA and
opposed by France, Germany, Russia, and the PRC, led to the liberation of
Iraq and Afghanistan...

DU is completely harmless in metalic form, indeed less toxic than lead and
more effective as radiation shielding.

No sir isnt. While not the deadly poison the econuts declare it
to be its an alpha emitting heavy metal and you'd do well
to take sensible precautions when handlng it. I have machined
components from DU in my stint with an NDT unit and always
wore a dust mask and coveralls.

It's in fact less radioactive than the background radiation from the
universe or the concrete or brick from which your house is constructed
(not
even talking about wood and steel).

Only if your house is made of granite.

Even enriched Uranium is not very radioactive. The danger from radiation
exposure in nuclear fuel is purely from the byproducts of the fission
process, not the Uranium itself.

True enough

Had Uranium been dangerously radioactive in fact there would by now be no
measurable quantities of the metal left on the planet. It would all have
decayed into other materials millions of years ago.

Get powdered uranium into your lungs and you
have a seriously increased risk of lung cancer.
DU is not a huge risk but there is SOME risk
which is why the various national health and
safety organisations in the USA and Europe
lay down guidelines for its handling.

Keith

Old February 6th 05, 03:13 AM
Mark Leuck

"petem" wrote in message
.. .

"Jeroen Wenting" a écrit dans le
message de news: ...
The UN is also constantly on the lookout for ways to harm the USA and

the
free world as a whole, after all the free world as led by the USA and
opposed by France, Germany, Russia, and the PRC, led to the liberation

of
Iraq and Afghanistan...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the worst peace of garbage a free man can write.....

The UN is doing the best it can to keep the free world free...

Uh yea by passing resolution after resolution without any enforcement, that
is when they aren't taking bribes from certain oil-rich countries

France was the FIRST country to help the USA in its strugle to be free...

That was over 200 years ago when France actually had some guts

The fact is that France and Canada and a lot more country were against the
Irak invasion because they could see that it would be worst to go in for

bad
reason then to work this thing out with diplomacy...But no diplomacy could
make the Bush administration happy..he needed BLOOD..

France and Canada where against the war because their governments have no
backbone and choose to look a blind eye to the worlds problems

He got used to it by killing anyone in the death row in Texas while he was
governer..

Gee I think thats the general purpose of death row isn't it?

UN is trying to prevent the USA to take us ALL in a stupid war..Too bad

you
cant understand that..

No the UN is a gutless corrupt organization that does nothing in the face of
danger, too bad you can't understand THAT

Old February 6th 05, 05:37 AM
petem

"Mark Leuck" a écrit dans le message de news:

"petem" wrote in message
.. .

"Jeroen Wenting" a écrit dans le
message de news:
The UN is also constantly on the lookout for ways to harm the USA and

the
free world as a whole, after all the free world as led by the USA and
opposed by France, Germany, Russia, and the PRC, led to the liberation

of
Iraq and Afghanistan...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the worst peace of garbage a free man can write.....

The UN is doing the best it can to keep the free world free...

Uh yea by passing resolution after resolution without any enforcement,
that
is when they aren't taking bribes from certain oil-rich countries

well look like the lack of wmd in irak proove that the resolution that the
UN passed was enforced...
And who was working for the oil-rich countries before becoming the
president?
And who is still friend with them?
And can you give me a link to a web syte..(a reputed one...not any blog or
supposely news site)that support the story about UN taking Bribes from those
country

France was the FIRST country to help the USA in its strugle to be free...

That was over 200 years ago when France actually had some guts

They still have guts but they do have wisdom too..wich other are lacking...

The fact is that France and Canada and a lot more country were against
the
Irak invasion because they could see that it would be worst to go in for

bad
reason then to work this thing out with diplomacy...But no diplomacy
could
make the Bush administration happy..he needed BLOOD..

France and Canada where against the war because their governments have no
backbone and choose to look a blind eye to the worlds problems

A blind eyes...lets talk about behing blind....what do you do about the
spreading of nuclear weapon in asia?

He got used to it by killing anyone in the death row in Texas while he
was
governer..

Gee I think thats the general purpose of death row isn't it?

Killing someone as a punishment for crimes is as intelligent as beating a
few month old baby cause he cries..
now tell me does it help lowering the crime rate??

UN is trying to prevent the USA to take us ALL in a stupid war..Too bad

you
cant understand that..

No the UN is a gutless corrupt organization that does nothing in the face
of
danger, too bad you can't understand THAT

Proove to me the corruption..

I will show you 20 times more corruption in the white house....

Mark i know that as an American this is sounding like i am against American
poeple
wich is so far from the true...

In fact i am very happy to have a super nation beside my nation...it helped
me and my fellows go on with less worry..till Bush came to power....
Attaking a country to fight terrorism will not help..its only creating more
extremist that will attack the USA
American troops are not welcome in any part of Irak..but you still think
that you delivered them from a Bad dictator..
What they really see is that they used to have a dictator and a
country...now they have a country that dictate them and they lost there
country...
thats not an improment...that dictator would have died anyway..and who knows
what would have came after him..

too bad you cant understand that

Old February 6th 05, 06:43 AM
Mark Leuck

"petem" wrote in message
. ..

well look like the lack of wmd in irak proove that the resolution that the
UN passed was enforced...

No proof of that at all

And who was working for the oil-rich countries before becoming the
president?

If you mean Bush I believe he was working for the Texas Rangers before
becoming govenor although you are free to bring up the usual conspiracy
theories

And who is still friend with them?
And can you give me a link to a web syte..(a reputed one...not any blog or
supposely news site)that support the story about UN taking Bribes from

those
country

You want evidence UN individuals took bribes from Iraq? You can't be serious

France was the FIRST country to help the USA in its strugle to be

free...

That was over 200 years ago when France actually had some guts

They still have guts but they do have wisdom too..wich other are

lacking...

France is one of the biggest offender in much of this, because of it's
stagnant economy they are constantly selling components commonly used in
weapons (conventional, nuclear and biological) to whoever will pay the bill,
same with Germany and Russia

The fact is France, Germany and Russia were against the war for one reason,
Iraq was a customer

France and Canada where against the war because their governments have

no
backbone and choose to look a blind eye to the worlds problems

A blind eyes...lets talk about behing blind....what do you do about the
spreading of nuclear weapon in asia?

Good question, if we invade them would you whine and cry about it like you
do with Iraq? North Korea has nukes because Clinton and the UN were
spineless to actually do something about it, same thing is happening right
now with Iran. Rules are worthless without enforcement which is why you will
always see nothing but resolutions and sanctions from the UN, they've never
had the guts for military action and ALWAYS have to be dragged into
enforcement by the United States

Gee I think thats the general purpose of death row isn't it?

Killing someone as a punishment for crimes is as intelligent as beating a
few month old baby cause he cries..

Now thats a brilliant analogy, a baby doesn't know any better while a serial
killer tends to understand what he does wrong

now tell me does it help lowering the crime rate??

It prevents those individuals from doing it again, I'd say it reduces crime
by 100%

UN is trying to prevent the USA to take us ALL in a stupid war..Too bad

you
cant understand that..

No the UN is a gutless corrupt organization that does nothing in the

face
of
danger, too bad you can't understand THAT

Proove to me the corruption..

Umm didn't you watch the news last week?

I will show you 20 times more corruption in the white house....

Go for it

Mark i know that as an American this is sounding like i am against

American
poeple
wich is so far from the true...

I don't say that, I'd say you are much like many on the left who believe
loony conspiracy theories or have such a hatred for Bush that they blindly
believe many of the stories floating out there

In fact i am very happy to have a super nation beside my nation...it

helped
me and my fellows go on with less worry..till Bush came to power....

Personally if I lived in Canada I'd love to have a neighbor actually doing
something instead of just talking about it, but thats just me

Attaking a country to fight terrorism will not help..its only creating

more
extremist that will attack the USA

Then explain the reasoning for 9/11, if you are correct then that should
never have happened right?

BTW: Doing nothing also tends to create extremists

American troops are not welcome in any part of Irak..

Give me proof of that, I can find countless stories claiming otherwise

but you still think
that you delivered them from a Bad dictator..

Well I don't think we delivered them from a GOOD dictator

What they really see is that they used to have a dictator and a
country...now they have a country that dictate them and they lost there
country...

Yes thats why they were able to vote last week

thats not an improment...that dictator would have died anyway..and who

knows
what would have came after him..

Like North Korea usually the son/sons take his place, now that would have
been fun wouldn't it?

Old February 6th 05, 10:06 AM

france is full of wusses! anyone who thinks otherwise is a homo just
like the french president. The only reason they were against the war in
iraq was because they would loose out on that money they were making
off sissy sadaam.

he he he ..and dats da truth my niggie

Old February 6th 05, 03:20 PM
Pechs1

PeterCB- and that's why the UN has classed it as a
Weapon with Indiscriminate Effect
BRBR

I wouldn't truat anything the International Debating Society says.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old February 6th 05, 04:55 PM
Jim E

"petem" wrote in message news:A2iN

He got used to it by killing anyone in the death row in Texas while he
was
governer..

Gee I think thats the general purpose of death row isn't it?

Killing someone as a punishment for crimes is as intelligent as beating a
few month old baby cause he cries..
now tell me does it help lowering the crime rate??

For one thing, it dramatically reduces the recitivism rate.
DUH.

FS: 1988 "Aces High" (Military Airplanes) Hardcover Edition Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 August 23rd 04 05:18 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Tactical Air Control Party Airmen Help Ground Forces Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 January 22nd 04 02:20 AM
enola gay and military aviation -serious old hoodoo Military Aviation 2 December 28th 03 09:19 PM