A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

nano troubles

Old September 28th 16, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default nano troubles

My Nano suddenly started acting up. The computer won't recognize it and keeps giving a mass storage device malfunction message. We've tried different cables and computers with the same results. You can take the chip out and download the flights fine, the computer just won't recognize the Nano. Anyone have any experience with this ? So far Im not getting much back from LX..
thanks
Skip
Old September 29th 16, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default nano troubles

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 6:10:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
My Nano suddenly started acting up. The computer won't recognize it and keeps giving a mass storage device malfunction message. We've tried different cables and computers with the same results. You can take the chip out and download the flights fine, the computer just won't recognize the Nano. Anyone have any experience with this ? So far Im not getting much back from LX..
thanks
Skip

Are you running the latest Nano firmware (version 2.30)?
Have you upgraded it lately?
Have you tried downloading it with NanoConfig?

Old September 29th 16, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default nano troubles

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 7:05:06 PM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
My Nano suddenly started acting up. The computer won't recognize it and keeps giving a mass storage device malfunction message. We've tried different cables and computers with the same results. You can take the chip out and download the flights fine, the computer just won't recognize the Nano.. Anyone have any experience with this ? So far Im not getting much back from LX..
thanks
Skip

Are you running the latest Nano firmware (version 2.30)?
Have you upgraded it lately?
Have you tried downloading it with NanoConfig?

We saw this behavior with a couple Nanos at R4S recently. Suspect it is some kind of Windows 10 issue but this is just speculation thus far.
QT
Old September 29th 16, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]
external usenet poster

Default nano troubles

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 3:10:05 PM UTC-7, wrote:
thanks
Skip

First of all don't ever take the micro SD card out of the NANO, Never. And if you have taken it out make sure it is inserted and seated correctly if not you will get an error. It is not designed to be removed.

Make sure the Nano is off when you plug it into the USB port, if it is not off it will give you a malfunction error.

On the side opposite the switch is a hole push a paper clip into the hole to reset the NANO.

If none of this works it has to go back to LXNAV.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old September 29th 16, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kiwiindenver
external usenet poster

Default nano troubles

On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 11:10:05 AM UTC+13, wrote:
thanks
Skip

I know you said you tried different cables... My Nano is picky about the cable it likes. I now have a higher quality thicker USB cable I always use with the Nano. When I had unreliable PC connections it was always with a typical thin USB cable.
Old September 29th 16, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default nano troubles

My Nano was acting up at the R4S. I followed Richards instructions by getting a paperclip and resetting it. Problems went bye bye.
Old September 29th 16, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default nano troubles

thanks
Skip

does it need to be off or on when you reset it with the paperclip?
Old September 29th 16, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]
external usenet poster

Default nano troubles

On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 9:47:58 AM UTC-7, wrote:
My Nano suddenly started acting up. The computer won't recognize it and keeps giving a mass storage device malfunction message. We've tried different cables and computers with the same results. You can take the chip out and download the flights fine, the computer just won't recognize the Nano.. Anyone have any experience with this ? So far Im not getting much back from LX..
thanks
Skip

does it need to be off or on when you reset it with the paperclip?

try both on and off

Richard
www.craggyaero.com