Dream Panel

Old July 18th 18, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dream Panel

Warning related to the comment below. The VT-01 is NOT capable of either SIL-1 or SIL-3 ADSB Out so for USA this is not going to be a solution if you want ADSB out.

“..Sounds good, except I would go with the Air Avionics ACD (Air Control Display), paired with the KRT2 and VT-01 Mode S transponder (saves 1 panel cutout)...”
Old July 18th 18, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 1:30:31 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Warning related to the comment below. The VT-01 is NOT capable of either SIL-1 or SIL-3 ADSB Out so for USA this is not going to be a solution if you want ADSB out.

“..Sounds good, except I would go with the Air Avionics ACD (Air Control Display), paired with the KRT2 and VT-01 Mode S transponder (saves 1 panel cutout)...”

I'd want a Trig transponder (not compatible with the Air Avionics ADC) + TN72 and not KRT2 radio again so to save one panel hole I would use an Air Avionic ADC Altimeter and pair it with a Becker radio. Otherwise, 9070 Power Flarm version + V8, compass (obligatory for motorised glider), Borgelt B40 back-up vario, Winter mini ASI (I don't care that they are less accurate than 80mm). Not sure whether I'd fit a separate Flarm display as currently I display all Flarm info on the LX9000 main display and it works fine
Old July 18th 18, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:02:53 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue).
Tom

Personally I'd want a dedicated traffic display to avoid cluttering up my moving map, and I'd choose adsb-in traffic, not flarm. I've never been able to find out if flarm displays can display adsb-traffic.

About a compass requirement: 91.205 does list required instruments for powered civil aircraft, but there are no requirements (other than whatever the POH requires) for gliders, and motorgliders are gliders.
Old July 18th 18, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 7:39:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:02:53 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue).
Tom

Personally I'd want a dedicated traffic display to avoid cluttering up my moving map, and I'd choose adsb-in traffic, not flarm. I've never been able to find out if flarm displays can display adsb-traffic.

About a compass requirement: 91.205 does list required instruments for powered civil aircraft, but there are no requirements (other than whatever the POH requires) for gliders, and motorgliders are gliders.

Powerflarm absolutely outputs ADSB 1090ES contacts. Whether your display shows them is up to it. Mine does. It does NOT display the funky USA only UAT contacts (unless they are rebroadcast as 1090ES).

The radio interface provided by the ACD-57 is superb, much better than either the Becker or the TQ which it controls remotely. And much better than a Trig. You really want the Air Avionics COM radio, if only they could get it shipping. It will have one feature none of the others do: the Say Again function.
Old July 18th 18, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 8:07:37 AM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
[...]

Air Avionics has really dropped the ball on getting their radio certified. It will not be available this year, making it unlikely I could get it in time to use it in my 31Mi.
https://www.air-avionics.com/?page_id=1204
Tom
Old July 18th 18, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 9:31:30 AM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
[...]

Tom,

http://www.craggyaero.com/Drawings/ASH31Panel.JPG

This is a picture of one of my Customers Panels. The only thing I would change is replace the Winter Altimeter with an Air-Avionis Air Control Display Altimeter.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old July 18th 18, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

[...]

The Problems that Air-Avionics has with the Air-Control Display a

The Largest court or field or market is in Europe.

Trig TT22 Mode S, TN72 ADS-B, TY91 Transceiver the most popular for Sailplanes in the US as yet will not cooperate.

Becker Transponders do not have ADS-b compliance in the USA
Garrecht Transponder do not have ADS-B compliance in the USA

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old July 18th 18, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 3:39:54 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:02:53 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue).
Tom

Personally I'd want a dedicated traffic display to avoid cluttering up my moving map, and I'd choose adsb-in traffic, not flarm. I've never been able to find out if flarm displays can display adsb-traffic.

About a compass requirement: 91.205 does list required instruments for powered civil aircraft, but there are no requirements (other than whatever the POH requires) for gliders, and motorgliders are gliders.

Compasses are part of the minimum mandatory equipment lists for German built and JS engine-equipped gliders and are required for them (unnecessarily IMHO) in EASA land where I live. Not so for pure gliders.
Old July 18th 18, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 11:06:43 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

The turning/acceleration errors in mechanical compasses drive me crazy in gliders, but I've found the electronic compass sold by LXNAV with their 9000 systems is great. I also find their electronic altimeter is much more accurate than a small Winter altimeter. So there are two panel holes to be saved, if you are experimental.
Old July 19th 18, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 10:46:29 AM UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
[...]

What glider is this in? Is it the extra-height panel.

Tom

Dream Panel [email protected] Soaring 24 September 24th 15 07:42 PM
I have a dream. A GPS/SBAS/QZSS dream ! In honour of MLK day. macpacheco Instrument Flight Rules 2 January 19th 11 01:39 AM
A Dream franck jeamourra Piloting 0 March 27th 04 08:43 PM
A dream franck jeamourra Simulators 0 March 25th 04 01:26 PM
a dream franck jeamourra Owning 0 March 25th 04 07:26 AM