Wire Strike Info

Old August 6th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Wire Strike Info

I am compiling information on wire strikes for both airplanes and
helicopters. If you have any personal info you'd like to share I'd
appreciate hearing about it. For those who access government sources
perhaps you'll share directions with us? NTSB has sent some info but I
suspect there is a lot that you have to be specific to access.
Any pics, news clips, videos, etc are most welcome and solicited. If I
use it for any commercial purpose I'll certainly attribute the source.
Thanks
Ol Shy & Bashful

Old August 9th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

Craig
I've done it more than once! gg Still am curious as to your reasoning
though...? The info requested is all public knowledge - just scattered
all over the world and the 'net is a great source to gather it up in a
reasonable time.
Where are you flying?
Cheers
Rocky
Craig Welch wrote:
Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:

Craig
I've been on this newsgroup for years and many know me personally.
Rocky Kemp - Hows that? Make you feel any better? Do YOU have any
information? I'm curious as to your reasoning.

My apologies. I jumped in too quickly, without doing even basic research.

--
Craig

Old August 14th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stache

Hello Rocky,

Stache here, I used to work on HH-60 Pave hawk helicopters for the 33rd
Rescue Squadron in Okinawa in the mid 90's. We had a helicopter on
duty in Korea, which struck a 6-inch wire stretched across a valley.
The helicopter had cable cutters installed, but at the speed and
diameter of cable it split the aircraft in half. Needless to say no
one survived.

It seems the cable was installed the day before and was not on any
charts or was the unit notified the cable was up. The Air Force did
not release much information about the accident.