Wacko AI

Old March 1st 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_3_]

Default Wacko AI

"Jim B" wrote in message
You said it before I did, but I was thinking the same thing.
Oscar Awards... most recent indication that you're nuts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-422609c.html

//

The bad news is you can lose the presidency of the united States even when
you win the popular vote. But the good news is you can get an Oscar with
fewer people than fit on a subway train.

"There are three categories in the Oscar voting that require a special
ballot," says an insider. "To vote for foreign, short film or documentary,
you have to sign an affidavit that you have seen all the nominees." it's not
enough to watch them at home on a DVD - Academy members have to attend an
official screening.

The snitch said fewer than 300 people requested the special ballot in the
documentary category, which was won by Al Gore's "An inconvenient Truth"
Sunday. But even that number is about 100 more than usual.

An Academy rep confirms that of its 5,800 voting members, only about 200
typically file a ballot in the category.

//

Old March 1st 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_3_]

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
. ..
I think if Jay had a house on the beach in Banda Aceh a couple of Christmas
seasons ago and someone told him a big wave was coming, he'd laugh and call
them crazy.

If they said it was coming because of GW, he'd been justified

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

I'm a uniter, not a divider. - GWB, 1999.

GWB got high marks from members of the Texas legislature, both D's and R's
and especially minorities, for his ability to bring people together.

Of course, Texas does not have the coastal and MSM crazies.

Old March 1st 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

The bad news is you can lose the presidency of the united States even when
you win the popular vote.

In exactly the same way that your team can score the most runs in the World
Series, but still lose.

Old March 1st 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Steve Foley" wrote)
The bad news is you can lose the presidency of the united States even
when you win the popular vote.

In exactly the same way that your team can score the most runs in the
World Series, but still lose.

In Game 7, Gore got thrown out trying to steal Florida. :-)

Montblack-socks

Old March 1st 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Montblack" wrote in message
In exactly the same way that your team can score the most runs in the
World Series, but still lose.

In Game 7, Gore got thrown out trying to steal Florida. :-)

Was Chad Billingsley pitching?

Old March 1st 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
DR

blanche cohen wrote:
Not to be confused with Yakko or Dot...

Just had the DG replaced (went precessing 60 deg on a 90 deg turn)
yesterday. Ran the engine up and taxi'd to the ramp from the shop.
Things looked ok - no, wait! the AI is upside down. Now, I'm
used to seeing it canted to the right before everything is run up
to speed, but upside down? Waited a few minutes, nothing, but
nothing changed. Unfortunately, the shop was closed by now so I
left it on the ramp and took the bus home.

Much more mystifying...after ALL power was off, engine off, key
out, battery off, etc. the AI dial was spinning. Yes, that's right,
spinning like a top. Fast. And it didn't seem to slow down, either.
I didn't time it, but it just sat there spinning for at least
5 minutes.

Perhaps I may be off on this, but if it seemed stable upside down, is it
possible that it was accurately upside down so that the erecting
mechanism was not able to get it the right way up? I wonder if you had
resored vacuum after it started tumbling whether that would have enabled
it to precess to upright (which may take several minutes)?

Cheers Mark

For a quality usenet news server, try DNEWS, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. For home servers or carrier class
installations with millions of users it will allow you to grow!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dnews.htm ----
Old March 2nd 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_3_]

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

The bad news is you can lose the presidency of the united States even
when you win the popular vote.

In exactly the same way that your team can score the most runs in the
World Series, but still lose.

Not my post, but I agree with yours.

Old March 2nd 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

In article , DR wrote:
blanche cohen wrote:
[...]

Mark, et al.

Turns out (politics aside) that all of you were close. When the
next (#3) DG was installed, one of the hoses/tubes got pinched,
effectively hosing the AI. The unit itself is fine, and the repairs
have been completed and tested. Unfortunately, I won't be able
to check anything until Saturday due to anticipated horrendous
winds in Colorado.

Thanks all for the suggestions.
Old March 2nd 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Noel

OK, we now know the problem was a pinched hose, but there is some
speculation that a failed vacuum pump can actually blow dust backwards into
the vacuum instruments. The idea is that residual vacuum at the instruments
allows the higher pressure at the failed pump to push the dust into the
vacuum instruments. There is an STCd filter that can be placed between the
instruments and the pump designed to prevent dust backflow if the pump
fails.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Dan Luke" wrote

Or the pump is shedding carbon and fouling the system?

Only if it is a pressure system, instead of a true vacuum system.

Instruments run off of vacuum so that any carbon or other debris from a
failed pump goes into the pump and out the exhaust, instead of into the
instruments or plumbing.

But you knew that and had a brain fart, right? g

Old March 2nd 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
. ..
OK, we now know the problem was a pinched hose, but there is some
speculation that a failed vacuum pump can actually blow dust backwards
into the vacuum instruments. The idea is that residual vacuum at the
instruments allows the higher pressure at the failed pump to push the dust
into the vacuum instruments. There is an STCd filter that can be placed
between the instruments and the pump designed to prevent dust backflow if
the pump fails.

I thought vacuum systems had a check valve that prevented backwards moving
air. No?

If not, it sounds like they should.
--
Jim in NC

Wacko AI blanche cohen Piloting 22 March 7th 07 11:40 AM
Left Wing Wacko Defends Clinton/UN Bob McKellar Military Aviation 0 October 8th 03 01:44 AM