Oshkosh 2008 Photos

Old July 30th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John[_9_]

Default Oshkosh 2008 Photos

Maybe I am spoiled. I keep expecting that in this modern age there
will be plenty of photos of an event like AirVenture even while it is
ongoing. The official EAA site is top heavy with photos of mechanical
bulls, past prime rock n' roll acts, and photos of the people that
make AirVenture what it is. It is airplanes that make AirVenture what
it is!

I search and search and have yet to find a good site with current
pictures from this years AirVenture convention. Somebody somewhere
must be sending pictures to the internet. What new or different
warbirds, classics, antiques and homebuilts have showed up so far? I
want to see! So who is posting decent photographs and how do I find
them?

John Dupre'
EAA 105350
Old July 30th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

John wrote:

Maybe I am spoiled. I keep expecting that in this modern age there
will be plenty of photos of an event like AirVenture even while it is
ongoing. The official EAA site is top heavy with photos of mechanical
bulls, past prime rock n' roll acts, and photos of the people that
make AirVenture what it is. It is airplanes that make AirVenture what
it is!

I search and search and have yet to find a good site with current
pictures from this years AirVenture convention. Somebody somewhere
must be sending pictures to the internet. What new or different
warbirds, classics, antiques and homebuilts have showed up so far? I
want to see! So who is posting decent photographs and how do I find
them?

EAA takes a lot of pictures and video of aircraft at AirVenture. They sell
them, so they're not going to post them free online. There are thousands of
people there with digital cameras and camcorders, but seeking internet
access so they can post them online is probably not high on their list of
things to do. When they get home, some will post. Be patient.

Old July 30th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darkwing

"John" wrote in message
Maybe I am spoiled. I keep expecting that in this modern age there
will be plenty of photos of an event like AirVenture even while it is
ongoing. The official EAA site is top heavy with photos of mechanical
bulls, past prime rock n' roll acts, and photos of the people that
make AirVenture what it is. It is airplanes that make AirVenture what
it is!

I search and search and have yet to find a good site with current
pictures from this years AirVenture convention. Somebody somewhere
must be sending pictures to the internet. What new or different
warbirds, classics, antiques and homebuilts have showed up so far? I
want to see! So who is posting decent photographs and how do I find
them?

John Dupre'
EAA 105350

Avweb.com has on going coverage of AirVenture.

Old July 31st 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Darkwing wrote:

Avweb.com has on going coverage of AirVenture.

And Kitplane's Blog is doing shorts on new stuff.

http://www.kitplanesmag.blogspot.com/
Old August 1st 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, John said:
Maybe I am spoiled. I keep expecting that in this modern age there
will be plenty of photos of an event like AirVenture even while it is
ongoing. The official EAA site is top heavy with photos of mechanical

The wifi in the camp ground sucked rocks, so I haven't uploaded anything.

You had a choice with the wifi - go to the shower building, and get power
with usually broken but sometimes intermittent wifi, or go to the tram
stop and get working but slow wifi and no power.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
It isn't the volts that kill, it's the missing brain waves.
Old August 1st 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
f-newguy

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, John said:
Maybe I am spoiled. I keep expecting that in this modern age there
will be plenty of photos of an event like AirVenture even while it is
ongoing. The official EAA site is top heavy with photos of mechanical

The wifi in the camp ground sucked rocks,

Indeed. Worse than cheap hotel wifi.

EAA should be embarrassed.

Old August 1st 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
scottperkinsusa

Considering it costs most people more than a thousand dollars
to attend Oskosh, you would think there would be a market for
someone selling two thousand photos on a CD rom.
A photographer might have to segment into different interest levels
as some might prefer experimentals or warbirds or antiques etc.
With today's digital cameras it would be easy to do. I'd
pay a hundred dollars to see a bunch of pics of the things I
was interested in. And if I thought there was a market I'd
go take the pics myself.
Scott
Old August 1st 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Aug 1, 3:45 am, scottperkinsusa wrote:
Considering it costs most people more than a thousand dollars
to attend Oskosh, you would think there would be a market for
someone selling two thousand photos on a CD rom.

In a closed market, such as aviation, the players are more than
capable of fulfilling their own needs. The various ceremonials and
glad-hand shots are for public consumption. None will address the
rumors of the Russians taking over Adams or the Chinese ending up in
Mexico, Moe. But it's interesting to see who is -- and is NOT -- in
the background of various pix.

-Bob
Old August 2nd 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message m...
John wrote:

[...]

There is WiFi, but by the time you get out to South 40 it is gone so no can post...
Old August 15th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Jul 30, 8:20*am, John wrote:
Maybe I am spoiled. *I keep expecting that in this modern age there
will be plenty of photos of an event like AirVenture even while it is
ongoing. *The official EAA site is top heavy with photos of mechanical
bulls, past prime rock n' roll acts, and photos of the people that
make AirVenture what it is. *It is airplanes that make AirVenture what
it is!

I search and search and have yet to find a good site with current
pictures from this years AirVenture convention. *Somebody somewhere
must be sending pictures to the internet. *What new or different
warbirds, classics, antiques and homebuilts have showed up so far? *I
want to see! *So who is posting decent photographs and how do I find
them?

John Dupre'
EAA 105350

Here are some more...

http://picasaweb.google.com/derresp/Oshkosh2008

Paul

Oshkosh 2008 Photos John[_9_] Piloting 12 August 15th 08 04:14 PM
Oshkosh 2008 Photos John[_9_] Owning 12 August 15th 08 04:14 PM
Oshkosh 2008 Photos John[_9_] Home Built 12 August 15th 08 04:14 PM
Oshkosh Photos Art Zemon Piloting 15 August 8th 07 04:37 AM
Oshkosh Photos noone none Aerobatics 0 September 6th 05 10:33 PM