LX5000 help

Old April 26th 04, 04:17 PM
Ted Wagner

Default LX5000 help

Is there an FAQ or list of How-To's somewhere for the LX5000?

I've RTFM'd, but while the manual gives a decent overview of the user
interface, it doesn't go into much detail at all on how to do things like
prepare tasks and then use the LX5000 to fly tasks. When I google this I
only get references to the existing manual.

Also, when I use LXe to download data to the LX5000, specifically the flight
info, garbage gets appended to my competition number, so instead of seeing
"2NO", it comes back as "2NO ,15-METER", which ends up in the log files. Has
anyone seen, and maybe solved, this prollum before?

Thanks--

~t1

Old April 29th 04, 03:27 AM
ken ward

In article QJ9jc.21162$432.11887@fed1read01,
"Ted Wagner" wrote:

Is there an FAQ or list of How-To's somewhere for the LX5000?

I've RTFM'd, but while the manual gives a decent overview of the user
interface, it doesn't go into much detail at all on how to do things like
prepare tasks and then use the LX5000 to fly tasks. When I google this I
only get references to the existing manual.

Also, when I use LXe to download data to the LX5000, specifically the flight
info, garbage gets appended to my competition number, so instead of seeing
"2NO", it comes back as "2NO ,15-METER", which ends up in the log files. Has
anyone seen, and maybe solved, this prollum before?

Thanks--

~t1

I've used LXe and can safely say that SeeYou is much better. I use it
for my LX4000e and LX20 to prepare turnpoint/task files, as well as for
downloading flight data.

Ken