General Aviation Dead?

Old October 11th 11, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
Tom[_15_]

Default General Aviation Dead?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:41:05 -0400, MU wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:29:55 -0400, Tom wrote:

Do you keep up with Huffman et al?

Dekkers/Hilliard? I was @ Dekkers recent book signing to call out the
fraud until I was asked to "leave". LOL. Hilliard has been arrested more
than once for whipping up on teenagers, what a pair!

Huffman was bought by a Company Ponzi guy, they love Venice for obvious
reasons. Great facility, er, *was* I should say, the town has more
geezers in it than Marco Island and threex as dangerous.

I was only there once in late 1999/2000 when they had a string of jets
lining the tarmac.

Less mangroves though.

This is good.
Old October 11th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
MU

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:46:24 -0400, Tom wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:41:05 -0400, MU wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:29:55 -0400, Tom wrote:

Do you keep up with Huffman et al?

Dekkers/Hilliard? I was @ Dekkers recent book signing to call out the
fraud until I was asked to "leave". LOL. Hilliard has been arrested more
than once for whipping up on teenagers, what a pair!

Huffman was bought by a Company Ponzi guy, they love Venice for obvious
reasons. Great facility, er, *was* I should say, the town has more
geezers in it than Marco Island and threex as dangerous.

I was only there once in late 1999/2000 when they had a string of jets
lining the tarmac.

No flights, few pilots, several on payroll. Imagine that. lol

Less mangroves though.

This is good.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KMKY/map/satellite

--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#
Old October 11th 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
Keith Willshaw[_3_]

MU wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:11:43 +0100, Keith Willshaw wrote:

MU wrote:

I haven't renewed my PPL this year and one reason is that the
airport I fly out of is a) under runway construction and b) filled
with daffy old pilots.

Try sharing a single TO/L runway with a bunch of glaucoma-laden
morons. lol. When you choice on TO abort is "which set of mangroves
do I ditch in", you're better off grounded.

Reality Check

Active General Aviation Aircraft in the U.S. 1973-2011
Current as of March 2011
Source: FAA

Year No Active Aircraft
2011 224,475
2001 211,446
1991 196,874
1981 213,293
1973 153,311

Doesn't exactly look dead to me.

Keith

Dying is not dead. Reality check, truth be known, general aviation is
a dying industry. Every year there are fewer active pilots, "active
airplanes" is a load.

It reflects those actually flying

Keith

Old October 11th 11, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
Tom[_15_]

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:59:02 -0400, MU wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:46:24 -0400, Tom wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:41:05 -0400, MU wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:29:55 -0400, Tom wrote:

Do you keep up with Huffman et al?

Dekkers/Hilliard? I was @ Dekkers recent book signing to call out the
fraud until I was asked to "leave". LOL. Hilliard has been arrested more
than once for whipping up on teenagers, what a pair!

Huffman was bought by a Company Ponzi guy, they love Venice for obvious
reasons. Great facility, er, *was* I should say, the town has more
geezers in it than Marco Island and threex as dangerous.

I was only there once in late 1999/2000 when they had a string of jets
lining the tarmac.

No flights, few pilots, several on payroll. Imagine that. lol

I thought that was where Atta et al became super-duper Boeing pilots
dripping sarcasm

Less mangroves though.

This is good.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KMKY/map/satellite

Never short, never long; no control tower, what fun. dripping sarcasm
Old October 11th 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
MU

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:14:09 -0400, Tom wrote:

[...]

Even Dekkers doesn't believe any of that nonsense and he knew Atta
better than anyone. Anyone except Company guys, the Saudis and Macdill.

Dekkers is fluent in German as *is* Atta. In private conversation, when
I knew him after 2001, he would swear up and down that there was
absolutely no way for the hijackers to have accomplished the TT hit.
None. Zero. Nada.

Less mangroves though.

This is good.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KMKY/map/satellite

Never short, never long; no control tower, what fun. dripping sarcasm

KMKY is laying a second strip. Won't matter, it's a waste of money. the
geezers will taxi out on the wrong ones and land on the outbounds.
*sigh*
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#
Old October 11th 11, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
MU

MU wrote:

[...]

There you go. Start a flight school. Train all those incoming students,
you'll make a fortune. lol
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#
Old October 11th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
Nooffa Subject

I didn't even know he was sick.
What wars did he serve in?
Old October 12th 11, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Dan[_15_]

On 10/11/2011 4:53 PM, Nooffa Subject wrote:
I didn't even know he was sick.
What wars did he serve in?

He enlisted as Private Aviation in 1923 and was promoted to General
Aviation after WW2. He never left the states.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old October 12th 11, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
tutall

On Oct 11, 4:45*pm, Dan wrote:
On 10/11/2011 4:53 PM, Nooffa Subject wrote:

I didn't even know he was sick.
What wars did he serve in?

* *He enlisted as Private Aviation in 1923 and was promoted to General
Aviation after WW2. He never left the states.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

He was also at one time a Major of the Pilots Inebriated Through
Alcohol. Better known simply as Major P.I.T.A..
Old October 12th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Dan[_15_]

On 10/12/2011 8:36 AM, tutall wrote:
On Oct 11, 4:45 pm, wrote:
On 10/11/2011 4:53 PM, Nooffa Subject wrote:

I didn't even know he was sick.
What wars did he serve in?

He enlisted as Private Aviation in 1923 and was promoted to General
Aviation after WW2. He never left the states.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

He was also at one time a Major of the Pilots Inebriated Through
Alcohol. Better known simply as Major P.I.T.A..

Did you know the major flew his first airplane when he was a minor?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired