Rather quiet

Old May 31st 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Rather quiet

I haven't seen a post in a couple of days. Is this ng just quiet or is
my news server broken?

Matt
Old May 31st 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I just been very, very quiet. Maybe everyone but
us is out flying.

Check out another way to get into the air. This
looks interesting.

Ronnie

http://www.clusterballoon.org/

Old May 31st 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Ronnie wrote:
I just been very, very quiet. Maybe everyone but
us is out flying.

Check out another way to get into the air. This
looks interesting.

Ronnie

http://www.clusterballoon.org/

Can you fly these in IMC? :-)

I'd think I'd want to wear a parachute, although you certainly should
have lots of redundancy this way.

MAtt
Old May 31st 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

If you read the info on the web site under
"how this works" or something similar, he
mentions that the harness he wears has a
paracute on the back.

Since you mentioned it was very quiet, it made
me think about quiet ways to fly. This would have
to be the ultimate flight experience without any
extra noise. Unless you consider the noise from
the planes buzzing around trying to figure out if
what there are looking at is real, and maybe the
laughing sounds of those flight crews :-)

Ronnie

Old June 1st 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Matt Whiting wrote:

I haven't seen a post in a couple of days. Is this ng just quiet or is
my news server broken?

Matt

I had no newsgroup messages at all for 2 or 3 days from bellsouth.net. I
figured their news server was having issues, but yours makes the 3rd of
4th post I have seen indicating others have had problems, too.

Anybody else have a problem recently posting or receiving posts from the
newgroups?
Old June 1st 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

eclipsme writes:
Matt Whiting wrote:

I haven't seen a post in a couple of days. Is this ng just quiet or is
my news server broken?

I had no newsgroup messages at all for 2 or 3 days from bellsouth.net. I
figured their news server was having issues, but yours makes the 3rd of
4th post I have seen indicating others have had problems, too.

Anybody else have a problem recently posting or receiving posts from the
newgroups?

Nope. I've been getting about 10 postings every day.

ADV: quiet Pawnees growing (USA) David Campbell Soaring 0 August 31st 04 06:17 AM
YO-3A QUIET STAR KURT OLNEY Naval Aviation 1 May 6th 04 04:12 PM
YO-3A QUIET STAR KURT OLNEY Soaring 6 January 19th 04 05:19 AM
YO-3A QUIET AIRCRAFT KURT OLNEY Aviation Marketplace 0 January 19th 04 04:28 AM
Any planes remotely quiet? Chris Hoffmann Owning 3 July 27th 03 06:13 AM