Cloudstreet flight analysis now available on Crosscountry.aero

Old October 17th 14, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alexander Georgas[_2_]

Default Cloudstreet flight analysis now available on Crosscountry.aero

I am pleased to announce the launch of Cloudstreet on the
crosscountry.aero site.

Cloudstreet is a flight analysis and planning package available on
crosscountry.aero on a subscription basis. It works as a collection of
modules and tools added to the existing free features on the
crosscountry.aero site (IGC and OLC flight task evaluation, sharing of
flight pictures, blogs, pilot stats, IGC badge tracking, pilot ranking etc).

Cloudstreet introduces a fresh approach to flight analysis and planning,
including a variety of flight map annotation capabilities and tools,
advanced waypoint and task management functions and a pilot logbook
which allows you to conveniently track your flight time.

One of the advantages in relation to traditional flight analysis tools
is that all your files and flight data will follow you wherever you go.
There is also no need to upgrade any software, just open the
crosscountry.aero site on your browser and you will immediately enjoy
the latest available features.

I invite you to take a look at what Cloudstreet has to offer. To get
more information please see http://www.cloudstreet.aero

You can access the documentation directly at http://doc.cloudstreet.aero

To follow developments on Crosscountry.aero and Cloudstreet, don’t
forget to follow our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cross...74788492558301

I hope you enjoy using Cloudstreet and find that it contributes to your
gliding.

Alexander Georgas
Crosscountry.aero

http://www.crosscountry.aero
Old October 18th 14, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

On Friday, October 17, 2014 8:22:18 AM UTC-7, Alexander Georgas wrote:
[...]

I have been using crosscountry.aero for few years now, in addition to OLC and Skylines. While OLC will probably remain the de facto online platform for the foreseeing future, crosscountry.aero is by far the most feature rich platform for submitting your flights, analyzing and sharing (skylines is in close 2nd in my opinion). Think OLC with SeeYou functionality on the cloud.. And now they took it to the next level with Cloudstreet. My favorite feature is the logbook which I have been beta testing this year. Finally we have an electronic logbook which get automatically populated with all the parameters from your flights, including distance (OLC, FAI etc), time, max altitude, release altitude, takeoff and landing locations etc. The only thing left for you to enter is comments. And you can do all sorts of statistics and analysis of your flights. I've been looking for years for a fully automated logbook and this is the first one I found. Others such as OLC have limited logbook functionality which are not sufficient to use as a true logbook.
The subscription fee is well worth the time it saves me from manually updating my logbook.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with or sponsored by crosscountry.aero

Ramy
Old October 18th 14, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alexander Swagemakers[_2_]

I have been looking for an online task planning solution for some time. Best sofar was www.prosoar.de - but sadly lacking any waypoint management. Crosscountry.aero seems to be filling the gaps between skylines.aero, prosoar.de and seeyou cloud.

I just applied for a demo account and got a first impression. Waypoint management looks good. Task planning is currently useless since no airspace is available (as far as I can see). Nonetheless, this looks promising and will hopefully evolve into a desktop seeyou/strepla replacement.
Old October 19th 14, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Friday, 17 October 2014 16:22:18 UTC+1, Alexander Georgas wrote:
[...]

What are the advantages and disadvantages compared to SeeYou?
Old October 19th 14, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alexander Georgas[_2_]

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for trying out Cloudstreet on Crosscountry.aero.

Airspace viewing in task planning is actually built into the system but
not enabled yet as I am trying to sort out the best way for having
updated airspace files available. Essentially the task of keeping
airspace files constantly updated is something that would take too much
time at the cost of further development at the moment, so I am looking
for a good solution for sourcing these files.

The fallback option would be to have everyone upload their own airspace
files, something that would be possible now, but I do not think this
would be the optimal way forward. This functionality will be available
for special circumstances (i.e. comps) but it does not solve the current
problem.

I hope to have something in place in the next couple of weeks.

Best regards,

Alexander