Podcasts?

Old February 28th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Podcasts?

There was a flurry of posts in the couple of weeks prior to the Convention
about getting podcasts of sessions using cell phones.

Can I assume by the silence since then that this did not come to fruition?

Thanks,
Bullwinkle

Old March 2nd 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes and no. There was a volunteer at the SSA that got thoroughly
hassled by certain SSA management for volunteering to help me. That
volunteer deserves a LOT of credit for dealing with the firestorm that
errupted over this. The only way those recordings got made was through
the intercession of certain SSA Directors and with the condition the
SSA got to decide what they did with the recordings made by this
volunteer.

I am trying to clean up the few recordings made by this specific SSA
volunteer that have the recorded permission of the speakers. I'll then
pass them to the SSA and they'll make the decision.

If you think soarcasting high-quality soaring audio from the SSA
Convention will NOT undermine convention attendance but will actually
inform and convert new pilots to soaring and thereby grow the SSA then
write a sensible note saying so to:

Mr. Dennis W Wright
618 E Jemez
Hobbs, NM 88240

Phone: ??
E-Mail:

If you have your own recordings of anything to do with soaring then
email me at:

Thank you,
Richard Freytag

Old March 2nd 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I did listen to one of the podcasts from the convention.

The sound was a little rough, depending on the speaker
the volume faded in and out.

It was nice to be able to hear it though. I don't think It
would have affected my decision to go to the convention
anyway.

I would hope SSA would look at this as an opportunity to
extend their reach to many who are interested in soaring and
to those of us in the soaring community who would very much
like to hear these speakers and could not otherwise make it to
the convention.

I hope they consider hooking up recording equipment to the
mikes at the next convention. Maybe even a link from the SSA
website to download? or is this too costly?

Willie G. - EK

Old March 3rd 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

RFThere was a volunteer at the SSA that got thoroughly
hassled by certain SSA management for volunteering to help me. That
volunteer deserves a LOT of credit for dealing with the firestorm that
errupted over this. The only way those recordings got made was through

the intercession of certain SSA Directors and with the condition the
SSA got to decide what they did with the recordings made by this
volunteer.
There goes another volunteer. Brilliant.

Old March 3rd 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I was contacted offline and corrected, Apparently I was
mistaken about listening to a podcast from the SSA
convention floor.

I had followed a link from RAS on February 2 to the
Minden Club site and downloaded the Gordon Boettger
audio. Since this was on one of the same days as the
convention was going on I assumed it was from there.

Anyway, I did want to say thanks to whomever was
responsible for making this available. The effort is
appreciated by me and I'm sure many who otherwise
could not be there in person.

I see you have made a second audio available and I
will download it also.

The rest of my original post stands, I do hope the
SSA executive committee will consider hooking up the
mikes and making the speakers available for all to hear.

Willie G.- EK