US Customs Decals -- buy them in advance

Old August 25th 04, 03:27 PM
john smith

From the answers being posted here, the local fifedoms have survived
the bureaucratic restructuring.
Here on the North Coast, the Border Patrol do not really have a border
they can patrol as they do in the West and Southwest, so they have to
find something else for them to do.
Although there was an article in the newspaper earlier this week that
told of Homeland Security money being spent to purchase three speedboats
for Lake Erie patrols. I guess they need to work on their tans...

Old August 25th 04, 11:29 PM
Robert M. Gary

john smith wrote in message ...
From the answers being posted here, the local fifedoms have survived
the bureaucratic restructuring.
Here on the North Coast, the Border Patrol do not really have a border
they can patrol as they do in the West and Southwest, so they have to
find something else for them to do.
Although there was an article in the newspaper earlier this week that
told of Homeland Security money being spent to purchase three speedboats
for Lake Erie patrols. I guess they need to work on their tans...

A couple weeks ago I crossing in from Canada at Friday Harbor. There
was an office that said "Homeland Security" on it and a desk with a
big logo on it. The office looked deserted. I'm not sure if they were
moving in or moving out.

-Robert
Old August 25th 04, 11:34 PM
Robert M. Gary

john smith wrote in message ...
From the answers being posted here, the local fifedoms have survived
the bureaucratic restructuring.
Here on the North Coast, the Border Patrol do not really have a border
they can patrol as they do in the West and Southwest, so they have to
find something else for them to do.
Although there was an article in the newspaper earlier this week that
told of Homeland Security money being spent to purchase three speedboats
for Lake Erie patrols. I guess they need to work on their tans...

BTW: It looks like the officals in Canada are pretty busying watching
what's coming across their boarder. Too bad they're spending their
time looking for DVDs and not terrorists.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...41canada1.html
Old August 26th 04, 01:17 PM
john smith

Robert M. Gary wrote:
john smith wrote in message ...

From the answers being posted here, the local fifedoms have survived
the bureaucratic restructuring.
Here on the North Coast, the Border Patrol do not really have a border
they can patrol as they do in the West and Southwest, so they have to
find something else for them to do.
Although there was an article in the newspaper earlier this week that
told of Homeland Security money being spent to purchase three speedboats
for Lake Erie patrols. I guess they need to work on their tans...

BTW: It looks like the officals in Canada are pretty busying watching
what's coming across their boarder. Too bad they're spending their
time looking for DVDs and not terrorists.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...41canada1.html

Must be really frustrating...
"Ottawa-based agents detailed to the Prohibited Importations Unit are
charged with enforcing the country's Customs Act and, as such, spend
their day reviewing books, videos, comics, and other material to
determine which titles should be allowed into the country."

Old August 27th 04, 02:01 AM
NW_PILOT

If it is anything like the aircraft CD roms it may take a few months for it
to arrive.

"Hatz Lyman C" wrote in message
I have been told the same thing. The sticker cannot be purchased from

local
inspectors. Ordering via the web site is the best way to go. Stickers

show up
in less than a week after the order is placed.

Lyman

Old August 27th 04, 02:07 AM
NW_PILOT

Funny that Canada has about 10 XXX porn channels including gay porn on their
Bell Express VU satellite system.

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...

From the answers being posted here, the local fifedoms have survived

Old August 27th 04, 04:38 AM
Hatz Lyman C

No. That was my point. They really do arrive in less than a week. Really!

Lyman

You can now by water-slip inkjet decals by the sheet Charlotte Gaisford Aviation Marketplace 0 November 8th 04 01:59 PM
Flying into Canada O. Sami Saydjari Owning 14 March 17th 04 11:23 PM
Flying into Canada Don Tuite Owning 2 March 16th 04 08:08 AM
new ink jet decals site UK Charlotte Gaisford Home Built 0 December 16th 03 01:26 PM
STEP program helps advance hundreds of hand-picked airmen Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 19th 03 09:15 PM