A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » General Aviation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

Old December 8th 14, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

I too joined the club in February 1973,up at the camp. Not really knowing what I was facing,Lee seemed to be a straight forward,although who knew,and no one was giving up secrets. I witnessed many strange occurrences,and at 15 who would realize that we were under his commands. We as young innocent students,wanted to fly, wanted to have an aviation career.For most, that came true,others dropped out early,and in turn either made problems for his plans,or some of it vanished under the rug.
I remember taking an oath in a brotherhood,to never speaking about what occured on that presidents holiday weekend,and to this day,I've never have til now.
It's been wearing on my mind with todays standards ,of living,sexual abuse comes in many ways,shapes,and forms.Lee trusted his staff,as much as they trusted him,not knowing whats in one's mind,being bribed to have a pilots license says an awful lot.
I stayed at the camp that summer for 2-3 weeks at a time , the following summers off and on thru 1978,thru the construction projects,new ground school,cabins,septic fields,and my handy work that when i started to build stone walls,I never anticipated that building those walls would carry me into a new career today,I am a stone mason contractor,and now I'm into my 3rd stone business.I now own a stone masonry restorations business.
Never in my wildest dreams that joining the only and oldest teenage flying club,in '73 would I think,where I
Would be doing.
Getting back to the aligations, I saw a lot,heard many stories,and where ever this man is today,he had to bare a cross with God,for what he believed was the right path to bribe,to take advantage,of his students.
I know that when NYS swooped in and took over,Lee and Jay fled,Margie, Lee's former wife told me,that they both got their seaplane ratings and were living in the Daton Ohio area. Then a few years later,I had learned that Lee's health was deteriorating,and wasn't flying.
If he has passed,I know that he had a cemetery plot in the - I think it's called The Edinburgh Rual Cemetery,
That sits at the end of Airport Road,it's down the road from the camp.
If anyone wants to get in touch with me, my name is Hank and my addy is

Old December 8th 14, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

If,anyone wants a copy of the USAIG picture in 1974 Flying Magazine,I have that issue.
Thats Afirmative!
Hank