Harrison Ford Mistakenly Lands Husky On KSNA Taxiway

Old February 22nd 17, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Poitras

Default VIDEO: Harrison Ford Mistakenly Lands Husky On KSNA Taxiway

wrote:
Don Poitras wrote:
wrote:
Don Poitras wrote:
What "extreme northern taxiway" are you talking about? Lima is at the
end of the runway and if a plane is behind the hold short lines, then
no landing plane is going to go over it. If I had as many aircraft as
Ford, I'd probably confuse them all the time too. And he didn't switch
from SMO to LAX on the handoff? Quelle Horreur!

If he was landing at SNA, why would SNA hand him off to LAX?
--
Jim Pennino

He was probably doing "tower enroute". LAX is between SMO and SNA.

Point missed; he was in the SNA pattern and LANDING at SNA, why would SNA
hand him off to LAX in the middle of a LANDING at SNA?
--
Jim Pennino

He wasn't talking to SNA on the tape, he was talking to SMO (where he took
off from.) This is just TMZ looking for any tapes they can get their hands
on and trying to whip up some web hits. As far as I know, there aren't any
public tapes of the landing at SNA.

--
Don Poitras
Old February 23rd 17, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:28:47 -0000, wrote:

Larry Dighera wrote:

If the report below is to be believed, it would appear that Ford was a bit
confused and making multiple mistakes during his flight.

I think I will believe the official report when it is released and not
jump to conclusions based on blather from the aviation ignorant media
and TMZ.

I wasn't able to find any mention of Ford's incident in the FAA Preliminary
Accident and Incident Notices
https://www.faa.gov/data_research/ac...liminary_data/ , FAA
Accident and Incident Data System (AIDS)
http://www.asias.faa.gov/pls/apex/f?p=100:12:0::NO::: nor NTSB databases
https://ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/index.aspx . That seems unusual.

As neither an accident nor an incident occured, I find it perfectly normal.

--
Jim Pennino
Old February 23rd 17, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 2:16:59 PM UTC-6, Don Poitras wrote:
wrote:
Don Poitras wrote:
wrote:
Don Poitras wrote:
[...]

The Long Beach Airport must be breathing easier, or is LGB still on Ford's hit list ??