Sorry, Spruce and Jim Irwin

Old October 9th 03, 06:54 PM
Juan Jimenez

"Larry Smith" wrote in message

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
news:eyWgb.708044$Ho3.156037@sccrnsc03...
Jim's email is not rec.aviation.homebuilt. I

gather
you don't really want him to read this or do something about it?

Oh, Little Mooz, how sharper than a serpent's sting!

Indeed. It's obvious from the comeback you didn't even think about the
possibility. sigh

Old October 10th 03, 06:27 AM
Juan Jimenez

"Larry Smith" wrote in message

I've exchanged email with him before and talked by phone. Why bother

him?
It will get back to him that he has a blabby halfwit taking a salary and
pi**ing away his company's goodwill in Georgia. Why are all you goonies
scampering out of your holes to screech? Spruce periodically catches hell
in this NG because, though it's a good solid company, it has a few duds

from
time to time who are innate screwups.

The question is, if someone has a problem with one of your employees, do you
prefer that the person bring up the issue with you, instead of posting it on
the newsgroup so that maybe, eventually, it would get back to you, after
everyone else read it?

Or maybe it's just that you prefer to be treated like you treat Irwin. Could
be, there are weird people everywhere, look who got elected governor of
Wackyfornia.

Old October 10th 03, 05:31 PM
im Irwin

Sorry to post on this news group, I need to get an email to Larry
Smith, yet the email address below for him is not working. Thank you
for your understanding..

To: Larry Smith

Dear Larry,

We have been forwarded an email from the rec.aviation.homebuilt
(google groups) regarding a battery you tried to order earlier this
week. Our sales rep in GA has already emailed our office manager
yesterday giving us a "heads up" to expect your email.

When you provided the credit card number, our computer system
determined that this same card had been used by a different customer
in a previous order. It gave the name of that order as Warren
Hunnicut, although you said the name on the card was Rosalie McIntosh.
In situation where names do not match we ask the customer for the
billing address of the credit card to verify that it is the owner who
is using it. I do understand that you would not have the address if
you were using someone else's credit card, but requesting this
information is the only way we can insure that a credit card us not
used with out the cardholders authorization.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this caused. I am
sorry that you decided to order with a different supplier, as we do
appreciate your calling Aircraft Spruce. It the sales rep would have
had the opportunity to bring this to the manger for approval to ship,
we would have done so immediately. We appreciate your business and
hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Regards,

Jim Irwin
President, Aircraft Spruce

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:59:36 GMT, "Kyle Boatright"
wrote:

"Larry Smith" wrote in message
Jim, you and your company were quite courteous on a prop bolt exchange, so

was gonna order some more mdse. And still hope to, even after this.

This
morning I tried to order a Concorde battery for a friend's 172, and the
snappy lady in Griffin rejected the card, for curious reasons.

After a call to Desser (Memphis) the order is complete and the battery

said
to be on its way. Same card too. There's only 20k in that account.

That
ought to cover a $100 battery.

What's your credit card number and expiration date? I'll check into it.

KB

Old October 10th 03, 06:46 PM
Jerry Springer

Another good reason to not use ACS. This is the second time Mr Irwin
has posted personal information to this Newsgroup. The guy is a moron.

Jerry

To: Larry Smith

Old October 10th 03, 07:11 PM
Jim Weir

I think you are off base. Jim Irwin tried to post an answer that was printed
here in this group (and THAT was off base as well) by email to a dead or phony
email account.

Were I in the same position, trying to rectify a situation with no good way of
contacting the guy, I'd have done the same thing.

Jim

Jerry Springer

-Another good reason to not use ACS. This is the second time Mr Irwin
-has posted personal information to this Newsgroup. The guy is a moron.
-
-Jerry
-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old October 10th 03, 07:22 PM
Morgans

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
ink.net...
Another good reason to not use ACS. This is the second time Mr Irwin
has posted personal information to this Newsgroup. The guy is a moron.

Jerry

I see no personal information of use to anyone. He is responding in the
same forum that the complaint was first placed. Sounds like latchless Larry
has struck again.

Boy, I love kill files!
--
Jim in NC

Old October 10th 03, 07:31 PM
alexy

"Morgans" wrote:

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
link.net...
Another good reason to not use ACS. This is the second time Mr Irwin
has posted personal information to this Newsgroup. The guy is a moron.

Jerry

I see no personal information of use to anyone. He is responding in the
same forum that the complaint was first placed.

I had the same reaction. However, on rereading, it is clear that Irwin
would have been better advised to substitute "John Doe" and "Jane
Smith" for the real people other than Larry, who were not mentioned by
him.
--
Alex
Old October 10th 03, 08:06 PM
RobertR237

In article . net, Jerry
Springer writes:

Another good reason to not use ACS. This is the second time Mr Irwin
has posted personal information to this Newsgroup. The guy is a moron.

Jerry

Well, considering the fact that Latchless Larry had used this Newsgroup for
posting to Irwin and ASS, I don't see a problem with him responding in the same
forum and setting the record straight.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old October 10th 03, 08:06 PM
Speaking of Morons

Jerry Springer wrote:

Another good reason to not use ACS. This is the second time Mr Irwin
has posted personal information to this Newsgroup. The guy is a moron.

Oh Really..... So if a regular to this newsgroup like Latchless Larry
who is generally considered a moron themselves goes and posts a
negative comment about a specific business that's OK.

But if the owner of that business comes to this newsgroup and logically
explains what happened and apologizes for the inconvenience......
They are a moron for clearing the air about what really happened.

In other words you and everyone else can use this public forum
to spit on a bona fide business person who has millions of dollars
invested, many years of hard work invested, and I presume does
millions of dollars of business a year and they should just sit
there and take their lumps along with any ill will and do nothing
to clear the air.

With an attitude like yours Mr. Springer you ought to look in
a mirror before calling anyone a moron.