Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________-+__

Old November 8th 04, 09:46 AM
John

There is nothing wrong with endorsing one candidate or another, that is
really
the American system. I don't even object to any entertainer endorsing one
candidate and taking an active part in their election. That again is our
freedom and right. What I object to is the use of ones power, not to
promote one candidate and their views, but to try and destroy another
candidate by lies
and inuendo. There is a distinct difference and it is one being crossed
with ever increasing frequency.

I also take a rather "don't let the door hit you in the ass" attitude
toward
anyone, such as Baldwin, who states they are going to leave this country
if
their candidate isn't elected. Rather we like the results or not, the
people
of this country have voted and they have picked Bush by a slim majority.
I don't believe the vote hinged on any single issue, as our single minded
media
would have us believe, but represented a much broader view of all issues.
I also don't see it as a mandate by the people on any issue.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

One of the more reasonable post on the subject (even if it's still OFF
TOPIC) Let's get back to aviation, I love to fly . . . Anywhere! Anytime!
Old November 8th 04, 02:48 PM
RobertR237

Default Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________-+__

:
:Now if we can just get rid of the assholes like Alex Baldwin etc. that
:say they are going to leave this country to hurry up and do it.
:You could not pay me enough money to watch a movies with these jerks in
:them, nor would I ever waste my money on a Bruce Sprinstein album.

Also Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Leatherman multi-tools and Patagonia.

Here's a list of outdoor recreation companies that endorsed Kerry....

Cascade Designs (Seattle, WA)
Columbia Sportswear (Portland, Oregon)
Montrail (Seattle, WA)
Mountain Gear (Spokane, WA)
Outdoor Research (Seattle, WA)
Metolius Climbing (Bend, OR)
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. (Portland, OR)
American Alpine Institute, Ltd (Bellingham, WA)
Earth Games (San Clemente, CA)
Watermark (Arcata, CA)
Eagle Creek Travel Gear (San Diego, CA)
Black Diamond (Salt Lake City, Utah)
Western Spirit Cycling (Moab, Utah)
Mountain Hardware (Richmond, CA)
Petzl America (Clearfield, UT)
Vibram (Concord, MA)
Werner Paddles (Seattle, WA)
Alpine Experience (Olympia, WA)
Sullivan Agency (Wimberley, TX)
Peregrine Outfitters (Williston, VT)
Patagonia (Ventura, CA)
The Forest Group (Lotus, CA)
Horny Toad Activewear (Santa Barbara, CA)
Gregory Mountain Products (Temecula, CA)
Zumiez Inc. (Everett, WA)
Trango (Boulder, CO)
American Outdoor Products (Boulder, CO)
Le Travel Store (San Diego, CA)

The Leatherman endorsement really hurts. I bought matching Waves for
me and my dad about a year before he died, I was going to pass his
along to my daughter when she's old enough. Now I have to buy a pair
of SOGs instead.

Old November 9th 04, 01:29 PM
RobertR237

:Political boycott is not idiotic, it is a valid form of protest (except,
rather
ointless once an election is over).

Yes, there was about 90 minutes there after Kerry gave up that we
weren't in an election. Boycott then was pointless.

Now the campaign for the 2006 off year has started, and the campaign
for the Democrat nomination in 2008. I think the campaign for the
Republican nomination will start in about 2 weeks. So, I take it
seriously again.

Good Point!

I think your timing might be off a bit though....late.

Old November 10th 04, 01:45 PM
RobertR237

:
:I owned an AUDI for about 10 years and would love to be able to afford
another
ne. It was by far the best car I have ever owned and gave me almost 200
:thousand trouble free miles. The transmission finally gave out and I made
the
:mistake of trading it in for a Chrysler. Outside of the transmission, the
car
:will still in great condition.

Robert - that was then, this is now. They aren't what they used to
be. And the Japanese cars - especially those built here - are
amazing.

I agree, the AUDI doesn't appear to be the same quality of a few years back.
Many of the other European cars seem to have declined in quality as well.

I currently own an Acura and Honda, both assembled in the USA. They are both
good cars but not great. Many of the other Japanese cars seem to be declining
in quality with the possible exception of the Lexus.

I just wish I could fly everywhere and forget the damn cars period.