Commercial Airline Pilot Complains about noise from Police Siren!!

Old December 15th 05, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Commercial Airline Pilot Complains about noise from Police Siren!!

As the Beacon Turns #96: Who You Calling Heavy?

An early morning departure from San Francisco in his nearly half-million
pound heavy jet reminds Michael Maya Charles of the value of looking
carefully at aircraft performance when you are confronted with something
out of the ordinary.

By Michael Maya Charles
Columnist

As the Beacon Turns

Early morning departures in the airline business are not unusual. But when
the phone rang at 3:30 a.m. to announce my wakeup call, I had already been
up for 45 minutes, after a nice policeman passed right by my hotel window,
siren blaring and lights flashing, as he navigated the dark, narrow San
Francisco streets. Must have been in hot pursuit of the fresh batch at
Dunkin' Donuts.

Unbelievable!! A pilot flying a heavy out of San Fran around 5 am is
bitching about noise!!!! And impugning the cops!!!!

I thought this level of idiocy was reserved for some GA pilots, but I
guess not....

Old December 16th 05, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Um, yeah...
So does anyone know of some good BBQ joints in San Fran?

Old December 16th 05, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sirens in modern police cars are way louder than is reasonable. Remember
the past? Why the difference?

lkaboutaviation.com...

Old December 16th 05, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

r. mutt wrote:
Sirens in modern police cars are way louder than is reasonable. Remember
the past? Why the difference?

Modern cars have more soundproofing, including better glass, and they have
better sound systems. The sirens have to be louder to break through the rap
music in the car up ahead.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old December 16th 05, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Remember when drivers actually yielded to emergency vehicles? Remember
when cars didn't have AC and people drove with open windows? Remember
when auto manufacturers didn't worry about insulating cars from outside
noise?

Old December 16th 05, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The sirens have to be louder to break through the rap music in the car up ahead.

George... I thought for sure that you'd be the type that enjoys rap.
:^)

Old December 16th 05, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:

George... I thought for sure that you'd be the type that enjoys rap.

I'm with Machado. I think they left the leading "c" off.

Old December 16th 05, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Didn't seem to me like he was bitching about anything, just kinda
stating a fact. Oh, wait a minute... this was Sky-buffoon's post?

Never mind..

Old December 16th 05, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Because half deaf old people are driving around in
soundproof cars with the windows rolled up.

"r. mutt" nofishin.net wrote in message
| Sirens in modern police cars are way louder than is
reasonable. Remember
| the past? Why the difference?

lkaboutaviation.com...

Old December 16th 05, 06:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("George Patterson" wrote)
I'm with Machado. I think they left the leading "c" off.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/kelly_r/949981/album.jhtml
Scroll down to Trapped in the Closet ...Chapters 1-5

The video from R Kelly's 'urban opera' was on cable last week. I'm
speechless.

Montblack
'Technically' ...Quadrophenia was an urban opera, too. :-)