Link info for Perry SPOT tracking

Old April 9th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Default Link info for Perry SPOT tracking

Here's are the URLS for SPOT tracking at Perry.

Google Earth KML - http://perrytracking.appjet.net/files/perrytracking.kml
Google Maps HMTL - http://perrytracking.appjet.net/files/perrytracking.htm

The Google Maps link (the one that ends with .HTM) and it will open
Google Maps in a browser window and show the waypoints, task, and
tracking info from any active SPOT units (nothing at the moment, of
course). To view the Google Earth version you need to first download
the .kml file using the above link, and then double-click on it to run
it in Google Earth. Of course, you'll need Google Earth installed on
your PC to do this ;-).

Using either method, anyone anywhere can watch the action at Perry in
real time. Mark or I will make sure each day's task is displayed on
the Google Maps and Google Earth presentation. f you have a SPOT unit
or are thinking of getting one, this is a great way to enhance your
personal safety odds in the event of a mishap, and increase the
visibility of the sport in general.

I If you have a SPOT but don't know how to configure it for display on
the above sites, I'll be happy to help. I'll be at Perry starting
about the 16th.

Frank (TA)

Old April 10th 09, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
av8

On Apr 9, 9:25*am, Frank wrote:
[...]

Frank, did you develop the multiple spot tracking app? BTW I will be
sailing up from SC to RI in about a week, and you can follow us (RR,
3S and Z8 at 0ft and going slow) at www.tinyurl.com/SC2RI in a week or
so...

Rick
RR

PS then don't call me the Commodore for nothing ;-)
Old April 19th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MarkHawke7

All,
This is just a reminder that the below that my tracking application is
active for Perry. Tomorrow is the official practice day at Perry and
you will be able to following those SPOT-equipped participants using
the below links on both Google Earth and Google Maps. There are only
6 SPOTS currently registered but Frank will undoubtedly be getting
more into the system tomorrow and the following day.

Later!

-Mark

Old April 19th 09, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

On Apr 9, 7:25*am, Frank wrote:

[...]

I think Mark means the 'above' links ;-).

Repeated here for completeness

Here's are the URLS for SPOT tracking at Perry.
Google Earth KML - http://perrytracking.appjet.net/files/perrytracking.kml
Google Maps HMTL - http://perrytracking.appjet.net/files/perrytracking.htm

See the original post above for details

Frank (TA)
Old April 19th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Micki

This is WAY too cool, and I love seeing the task, the hybrid version
of the map with street/hwy names, etc., and the plans identified.
What a WONDERFUL bit of work. I just watched KM over Opie Road,
outside of the 2nd turnpoint radius. GREAT WORK...

I already loved Google Earth, but now even more. THANK YOU Mark and
Frank!

Micki Minner
Contest manager of many forthcoming contests!
HINT HINT HINT to any region 9 guy there at Perry!