Source for Oil Aeroshell 15w-50

Old May 5th 05, 10:15 PM
William Snow

Default Source for Oil Aeroshell 15w-50

Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
other expendables. Thank you in advance.

Old May 5th 05, 10:42 PM

On 5-May-2005, "William Snow" wrote:

Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case
of Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well
as
other expendables. Thank you in advance.

Others may correct me if I am uninformed, but I have yet to find an on-line
vendor with Aeroshell oil prices low enough relative to local outlets to
overcome the added costs of shipping. Your best bet is probably to contact
your local Shell oil distributor ("jobber") and ask for the case price of
the specific oil you are looking for. Actually, I have found that the local
pilot supply stores around here (Seattle area) actually sell Aeroshell oil
at case prices a tiny bit UNDER the distributor price. That policy is
probably intended by the distributor to protect its retail outlets.

As far as landing lights, oil filters, and other "expendables", you can
usually get discount prices from a number of on-line retail outlets. See,
for example, http://store.sky-quest.com/

-Elliott Drucker
Old May 5th 05, 10:46 PM
Jim Burns

Online???
Ebay will probably be the only place that you can combine the oil plus the
shipping to come out better than what you can buy it from your FBO.

You could try WagAero, Aircraft Spruce, Chief ect, they all list it, but I'd
be afraid of the freight costs.

Or try your local lubricant distributor. I just bought a 55 gal drum of
W100 from our local distributor for just less than $2.00 per qu. delivered.

Jim

Old May 6th 05, 12:06 AM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-05-05, William Snow wrote:
Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
Aeroshell oil.

Find your local Shell distributor. Around Portland, OR it's Carson Oil.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old May 6th 05, 01:51 AM
Michelle P

I go to my local oil distributor. they do not have Landing lights though....
Michelle

Old May 6th 05, 03:05 AM
Al Gilson

William Snow wrote:
Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
other expendables. Thank you in advance.

We buy our Aeroshell 15/50 from the local Chevron jobber a mile from the
airport. (Really!) The Shell jobber also carries it, but he's 12 miles
from the airport.

Al
Old May 6th 05, 03:22 AM
Don Hammer

Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
other expendables. Thank you in advance.

Check with your local Sam's Club. I've heard they will order it for
you.
Old May 6th 05, 12:07 PM
Jay Masino

William Snow wrote:
Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
other expendables. Thank you in advance.

This Yahoo affiliated store has a pretty good price...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/oilstore/aerpisenoil.html

I found that with shipping, it was still cheaper than my local airport.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old May 6th 05, 01:30 PM
Denny

I go to my local oil distributor. they do not have Landing lights
though....
Michelle

The tractor supply store has your landing lights...

denny

Old May 6th 05, 01:37 PM
Denny

I will second the commercial oil distributor... Ours is in the next
town, 15 miles away... He has Shell and Phillips aircraft oils in
stock... He delivers to the airport at no extra charge... I just leave
the check on the table in the hangar... He drops the oil, takes the
check, leaves a receipt, and locks the door on the way out... I've
been hinting at his doing a bit of polishing on the wings also, but he
seems a bit deaf on that one...

Check the tractor store (farmer stuff) for landing lights... Other
expendables will probably be found at Wally world, etc...

cheers ... denny