Merry Christmas to all.

Old December 24th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Monk

Default Merry Christmas to all.

Of course I posted this several times before throughout the years.

I have posted the story below before, but it is My Christmas Story, so
I'll share it again... :^)

My grandfather came to the US to visit us a few years back. He stayed
for a year. He came in the Fall and made a comment about how all the
trees in the US are dying. "What is going on here in the US, why are
all the trees dying?", he said. "The mountains are becoming bald!(In
Thailand, trees don't loose their leaves, they are green all year
round.)

I took my girls to a tree farm and cut our Chritsmas tree. We brought
it home and decorate it like we do every year. "Why are you people
worshiping trees?", asked granddad. "Why are you giving that tree so
many presents?"

Monk
Old December 26th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Longworth[_1_]

Monk,
Happy Holidays to you and your family. Thank you for reposting
your Christmas story. It is very funny and unique.
I have not seen your posts until recently. Have you started
flying more with the lower Avgas prices? We topped off our tanks
after our Christmas instrument practice flights yesterday at $3.45/gal
at a nearby airport. Just last week, our local airport stil charged
$6/gal since they had to sell at the price they paid to the supplier
few months ago. At that price, it will take a while before they can
deplete the old expensive inventory.

HPL
Old December 27th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Monk

On Dec 26, 11:15*am, Longworth wrote:
Monk,
* *Happy Holidays to you and your family. *Thank you for reposting
your Christmas story. *It is very funny and unique.
* *I have not seen your posts until recently. * Have you started
flying more with the lower Avgas prices? * We topped off our tanks
after our Christmas instrument practice flights yesterday at $3.45/gal
at a nearby airport. *Just last week, our local airport stil charged
$6/gal since they had to sell at the price they paid to the supplier
few months ago. *At that price, it will take a while before they *can
deplete the old expensive inventory.

* HPL

Thank you Hai and same to you and your family. May the coming New
Year bring your good health and Joyous memories.

I'm not current at the moment, but did manage to snag a ride in a
Cherokee140 a couple of weeks ago and another ride in a Longranger a
month before. Got some stick time in the 140, but didn't log it as
the PIC wasn't a CFI. Hopefully this coming year will bring us (my
family) back out of the red financially and maybe I can get current
again.

Monk

Monk
Old December 27th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Longworth[_1_]

Monk,
I assume that not current means that you can act as a PIC carrying
passenger. It's tough not being to be up in the air as much as you'd
like too. Last month, I only logged one single flight due to bad
weather. We don't fly in IMC condition in the winter and it was
unseasonably cold last month with temperatures below 32F almost the
entire November. Our airport moved the fuel tanks along with
electrical panel away from our tie-down spot so we did not have any
power for engine preheat. I had no choice but to purchase a portable
power generator. The Honda EU2000i with 2000w runs the Reiff engine
heater and a ceramic heater for the cabin without any problems. We
had 4 great flights recently with the help of the power generator. We
did not give each other any Christmas present. Our fanstastic flights
on Christmas day were the best presents that we could possibly give
ourselves.
Regarding the economy, I can only hope that we have reached bottom
and have no way to go but up. May Lady Luck smile upon you soon.
Best wishes,
HPL

Old December 28th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Monk

On Dec 27, 12:14*pm, Longworth wrote:
[...]

My medical has also expired Hai.

I sure hope we've reached bottom economically speaking. Thanks for
the well wishing.

Monk
Old December 29th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

A belated Merry Christmas to all!

Let's hope the New Year is a great one...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 29th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Dec 29, 3:28*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
A belated Merry Christmas to all!

Let's hope the New Year is a great one...

It's going to be :-)
I have a bottle or two to reinforce the celebrations