Dallas Recommendations?

Old May 23rd 04, 01:01 AM
Mike Adams

Default Dallas Recommendations?

Any recommendations on Dallas airports or FBO's? I am considering a trip
next week, and my destination would favor Love field, but could also go to
Addison if it is preferable. Does anyone have any advice on getting into
Love field, or which FBO to use? Or if there is any reason to go to Addison
instead?

thanks,
Mike
Old May 23rd 04, 01:32 AM
Kyle Boatright

If your destination favors Love, and you don't want to mess with the
traffic, might I suggest Dallas Executive. Cheap gas and very little
traffic.

KB

Old May 23rd 04, 02:07 AM
John Clonts

"Mike Adams" wrote in message
Any recommendations on Dallas airports or FBO's? I am considering a trip
next week, and my destination would favor Love field, but could also go to
Addison if it is preferable. Does anyone have any advice on getting into
Love field, or which FBO to use? Or if there is any reason to go to

Addison
instead?

thanks,
Mike

I was VERY pleased with Regal a month ago when I went there! The Airnav
comments seem to bear that out as well...

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

Old May 23rd 04, 04:26 AM
SD

On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:32:56 -0400, "Kyle Boatright"
wrote:

If your destination favors Love, and you don't want to mess with the
traffic, might I suggest Dallas Executive. Cheap gas and very little
traffic.

KB

And I might add that the line girls at Executive are pleasant
Atleast they were when I use to go in and out of there a few years
ago.

Scott D
Old May 23rd 04, 04:43 AM
Dave S

I have been into Dallas a handful of times in the past 3 years, and I
have used Addison Jet Center at ADS at first, then when Regal at
Love/DAL came to my attention I tried them once and returned 2 more times

You get the red carpet at Regal, its CLEAN, well appointed. They will
ramp park your aircraft overnight for free (i dont remember if it
depended on fuel). THey have had a rent a car available on NO-NOTICE
each time I have been there (but it never hurts to call ahead).

I get a thank you note from them each time a few days later. I lost a
reciept for fuel once and they were able to get a copy out to me so I
could claim the fuel reimbursement for my rental. All in all, while i
dont have EXTENSIVE experience in jettin across the country, I will say
that I have yet to be disappointed by Regal, and I have no problem
paying the fuel costs for the service and treatment I get there in a
little 4 seater, single engine cessna or piper.

ADS's Jet Center is nice as service goes, but I must admit that the
prices are amongst some of the highest I've seen and this was over a
year ago.. havent been back since Regal came into view

Dave
Houston

Old May 23rd 04, 04:51 AM
Dave S

Also, arrival wise, I usually call up Fort Worth Center a ways out (or
get handed off for flight following) and they will hand you off to
approach at the appointed time. If you can maintain a heading and
altitude, they will help get you right on in there. There is a Vortac
not too far from Love Field which may help with your approach, depending
on your direction that you arrive from. If arriving from the southeast,
they will either vector you over/across a lake E/NE of town... OR may
vector you on a downwind for the west parralel by aiming you at Texas
Stadium. Unless you are real good at visualizing urban airports, it may
be difficult to identify until within 8-9 miles.

If you pick Regal at DAL, request the east runway if able. It will
really save on the taxi time and progressive directions. One note
thought, while it hasnt been a problem for me (hasnt happened I mean)and
I doubt that the FAA scrutinizes Regals clients any more than anyone
else, a ramp check may be more likely so make sure all your papers are
present. The FAA FSDO is located adjacent to Regal. Even then, I go
there exclusively now.

Dave

Old May 23rd 04, 05:58 AM
Mike Adams

Dave S wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the feedback. I also saw all the comments on Regal on Airnav,
and it surely has gotten good reviews.

Mike
Old May 23rd 04, 02:33 PM
John Clonts

"Dave S" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Dave,

Agree wholeheartedly with all except the "east runway" part It was on
the north end of 13R when I went there!

Cheers,
John

Old May 23rd 04, 09:04 PM
Dave S

WEST... i meant WEST... the only turn in to regal is up near.. the north
end of 13R.. the WEST side..

Thanks.. and sorry!!
Dave

John Clonts wrote:
nk.net...

Old May 24th 04, 01:39 AM
Mike Adams

Dave S wrote:

WEST... i meant WEST... the only turn in to regal is up near.. the north
end of 13R.. the WEST side..

Thanks.. and sorry!!
Dave

John Clonts wrote:
"Dave S" wrote in message
nk.net...

If you pick Regal at DAL, request the east runway if able. It will
really save on the taxi time and progressive directions.

Yes, I saw their location on Airnav, and heard what you meant, not what you
said. Thanks.

Mike