Celebrity Pilots

Old February 23rd 05, 09:12 PM
Colin W Kingsbury

"mindenpilot" wrote in message

"Trent Moorehead" wrote in message

"Mike O'Malley" wrote in message

Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden is an airline pilot (now

THAT's
a career change!)

That ROCKS!!!

That's a hoot. My brother-in-law played guitar with a very large number of
very edgy Bay Area punk rock bands, and he now flies 767s, albeit for UPS.
The boxes don't care but management did force him to shave and get a
haircut. So he kinda stands out in some of the places he still hangs out at.

-cwk.

Old February 23rd 05, 10:18 PM
Jay Honeck

but it would be fun to have pictures of each celebrity pilot in the
suite, preferably autographed...

Any ideas?

yes, there are better hobbies than stalking celebrities, flying
for instance :-)

Asking for an autographed picture of a celebrity is now considered
"stalking"?

Geez. I still have my autographed picture of the Beatles, circa 1965, that
I got just by writing them a fan letter. I was 7 years old.

Times have changed, I guess...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 23rd 05, 11:09 PM
Jay Honeck

Guard. Boxcar flew B-36s, B-39 Tankers, Recons, Bombers, and KC-97s
and C-5As.

"B-39 tankers"????
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 23rd 05, 11:10 PM
Jay Honeck

Actually my father (64) says he doesn't care much for her type. "I don't
like women who look like they could beat me up" is how he puts it. Nicole
Kidman is more his style. I think she looks like she was CNC-milled out of
block of aluminum and if you touch her you might get freezer burn. I
suspect
neither of us would kick either of them out of bed for eating cookies.

Now THAT would be a movie...starring Angelina Jolie *and* Nicole Kidman...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 24th 05, 12:31 AM
leslie

Jay Honeck ) wrote:
: Guard. Boxcar flew B-36s, B-39 Tankers, Recons, Bombers, and KC-97s
: and C-5As.
:
: "B-39 tankers"????
:

They must have meant B-29 tankers.
Old February 24th 05, 01:27 AM
Hilton

Bob Fry wrote:
For instance, W. flew only during his National Guard time, not before or

after.

George W. couldn't ever fly without busting a TFR.

Hilton

Old February 24th 05, 05:28 AM
Jay Beckman

"leslie" wrote in message
Jay Honeck ) wrote:
: Guard. Boxcar flew B-36s, B-39 Tankers, Recons, Bombers, and KC-97s
: and C-5As.
:
: "B-39 tankers"????
:

They must have meant B-29 tankers.

Which were, I think, designated as KB-50s?

Jay B

Old February 24th 05, 05:39 AM
Montblack

("Colin W Kingsbury" wrote)
snip
I suspect neither of us would kick either of them out of bed for eating
cookies.

Trying to keep up but appears I'm missing a step here.

Montblack

Old February 25th 05, 03:46 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article JBdTd.81112$Yu.36746@fed1read01,
"Jay Beckman" wrote:

"leslie" wrote in message
Jay Honeck ) wrote:
: Guard. Boxcar flew B-36s, B-39 Tankers, Recons, Bombers, and KC-97s
: and C-5As.
:
: "B-39 tankers"????
:

They must have meant B-29 tankers.

Which were, I think, designated as KB-50s?

Jay B

No -- the B-50 was, essentially, an upgraded B-29, with R-4360s in place
of R-3350s.
Old February 25th 05, 04:38 PM
Some Guy

"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message
Ho Hum.

The following sentence is copied from DOT/FAA/AM-02/6 (Page 4):

From a media release on http://apo.faa.gov/

From:http://www.faa.gov/ats/aat/IFIM/ifimfaqa086.htm:

And, http://www.faa.gov/apa/pr/pr.cfm?id=1035

...still another FAA document http://www.faa.gov/apa/PR/pr.cfm?id=604:

Irrelevnt arguments. A list of citations written by non-aviators [PR flacks
and medical folk], and targeted for the most part at other non-aviators. If
you feel more linguistically comfortable as part of that group, by all means
carry on.